TAT Design Help?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sphinx, Apr 24, 2005.

1. sphinx

sphinx New Member

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out. Would anyone be willing to draw up a design for me for my next tattoo?? I have the whole thing laid out in my head but need someone with skill to draw it out, so I can take it to my artist. The reason i am asking on here is because the guy i go to is about a hour drive away and I dont have hardly anytime during the week to go. Also for the fact that there is more than likely some great talented artist on this forum that would be willing to help me out.

2. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

in your experience, how are artists with interpreting your vision or idea? i know artists are all about using their creativity in mix with your idea but i dont know how specific it has to be.

for example, i want to get a tattoo and i know what i want it to mean but i have no clue with what i want it to look like. would an artist be able to throw out a few sketches for me to mull over? or do i have to have a general idea about what i want it to look like visually before i go to the artist (such as color scheme, objects, etc.)?

3. joy division

joy division New Member

Your artist should be fantastic at taking your idea and running with it...if he/she isn't, go to someone else :)

An artist that you feel comfortable with will be able to listen to your descriptions and draw out something that you should be interested with.

4. sphinx

sphinx New Member

all very good points in this thread so far. The reason that I have yet to go to the artist is because he is good drive away. I dont have much time during the week at all so thats why i was wondering if someone would be willing to let me tell them what i want on here and they give me a sketch or something, id be willing to pay.

5. joy division

joy division New Member

:werd:

I don't even want to be in a store with flash on the wall...or anywhere. My shop has no flash, its only custom work. I went looking for closer shops in my area and only one out of 6 of them even had portfolios :ugh:

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

my shop has flash everywhere but 98% of the time we'll take the flash and redraw it so every customer is getting a different tattoo. flash is a way for shops to draw customers in and make money

7. sphinx

sphinx New Member

word thanks for the advice guys, i beleive that imma just bite the bullet and force myself to go up there sometime when im not busy and sit down with him about it.