GUN Desert Eagle .50 AE Haters...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Jun 4, 2003.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

why do so many folks hate it? Yes, I know it isn't practical for anything but hunting. But who gives a flip? I own one not for hunting, but because I want one. Since when does a person have to want/own a firearm based upon practicality? So, all you .50 AE haters, what's the deal?

2. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

i want one. i think they way bad ass

its the same thing with my ar-15 it has no real use. but its bad ass

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i don't hate the gun. As you said, it's totally impractical for anything other than hunting, and since i don't hunt, i have no use for one. Unless you hunt, it's purely a novelty gun, but you still gotta respect the big bore. i wouldn't have nearly so many guns if i had to be practical about it. :big grin:

What i hate is the legions of CS-educated gun experts that love to chime in "Buy a Deagle" anytime someone asks about handguns, when a big name 9/40/45 would be more effective and efficient for what the person is inquiring.

4. AlkyHauler

AlkyHauler Do you feel lucky punk? OT Supporter

Oh I'd love to have one. Its just not a very practical defense weapon.

5. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

I'd rather have one in .44mag.

6. Red Hunter

Red Hunter Guest

I would love to have a gold one :hs:

7. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

Hell, it is not even that great used for hunting. There are so many other big bore handguns that get the job done 1000x better.

Then again, yeah it's a show piece. You own one, just to own one. But when I see somebody actually using one as a gun, then I get to point and laugh. Awhile back, a guy had one at the range and he was wondering why he couldn't hit anything with it. I asked him what the hell did he expect and his response "You'd think with a gun this big, all you would have to do is point and shoot" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I almost pissed my pants :o The guy couldn't hit the target, but you could sure see the backboard fly all over the place.

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

The range officer at the police academy has a gold one in the arsenal up there. After a few days of serious stuff, he walks onto the line with it shoved in his pants for a laugh. :big grin:

But damn, can he shoot it. :o

9. jorgeva

jorgeva New Member

I saw a gold one near my hometown in southern Virginia. It was used and they wanted $1199. :eek3:

10. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Too expensive to shoot for me. I would rather shoot a lot of 5.56mm or .45ACP.

11. mrbill

mrbill New Member

Okay, I can buy that one. It does get pricey at $1.20 a round. Any other people have a valid reason to dislike it?

12. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

it's as big and heavy as the game you'd shoot with it. the ammo is expensive. it holds only 7 rounds. after those 7 rounds, your wrist waves the white flag.

i saw a guy at the range tonight with a .44 mag barrel on his DE, with an Eotech red dot on it. he was sitting down, benching it at around 35 feet. THAT is the quintessential DE owner.

and pimp cat, please, explain to me how an AR has no real use. maybe in YOUR hands, it's of no use, but i'd beg to differ.

13. mrbill

mrbill New Member

Well, rifles, shotguns and some hunting handguns are bigger and heavier than the DE. Also, most places I know of require shotguns to be plugged to only hold 3 rounds. Not jumping on you, just trying to hold a discussion and yes, your points do have merit.

14. Pimp Cat

Pimp Cat Guest

i can see the use it has, but for me it pretty much serves none. other then something fun and spendy to go plink with. now dont get me wrong. I love this rilfe, and love shooting it! well pretty much there is nothing i can do around here but target shoot with it. and thats what i do

15. Vatoloco

Vatoloco In a pinch, though, you could jam it into someone'

I rented one at the range once and it was fun to shoot. I hit the target no problem (but then again, I only had it 15 feet away :) )... After emptying 2 magazines with it and then moving on to shoot my Glock .40, I thought I was shooting a .22!

Anyways, one problem I had with it is I kept limp wristing it and jamming about every 3rd or 4th round. Still, even with the expense to shoot and "impracticality" I would get one if I had the money to blow. I would even keep it in my car under the seat as a second or third backup! :) Unfortunately/Fortunately I don't have the money to blow.