MMA Describe your first MMA fight in front of a crowd.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by >DRIVEN<, Dec 18, 2007.

1. >DRIVEN<

>DRIVEN< Hi

How'd you handle it?

Since I've never fought I can't contribute, but I'll bet I'd be puking in the bathroom overcome by nerves big time ahead of time :o

2. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

are you just so psyched to fight that you barely notice the audience or are you just used to performing in front of people?

3. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

I had an grappling exhibition on a fight card one time. Not nearly as intense, but I paced for an hour before.

4. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I did my first fight with my black belt TKD training.

The guy was 29lbs heavier than me and covered in tattoos with a shaved head.

I had the biggest "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING" moment I've ever had when I stepped through the ropes.

Almost KOed him in the second with a hard jab, won a decision on cardio.

I just kept taking him down and trying some very basic grappling my TKD instructor showed us.

It was the worth feeling EVER.

I've only ever felt like that once after that. I had taken a long break from fighting and I was coming back with very little notice(I was in great shape..but mentally I hadn't prepared my self for the fight) against a very game fighter. I won in 21 seconds. w00t.

5. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

he wore sunglasses so he couldnt see the crowd and his ears are too small to hear the boos.

6. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I wasn't nervous at all, which I thought was wierd. Once I got to the cage things seemed to be in slow mo a little bit, it was kind of surreal. Next thing I know Herb is screaming "fight!" Dude I was fighting came out with his glove out to touch 'em up, then started swinging. I ate one punch from his opening combo, then I remember thinking, "theres a lot of people here, you better start fighting or they're all gonna think you're a bitch..." and after that I just saw red...all I wanted to do was smash him...it was like a cold seething fury...:dunno:

Ate one on the chin in the 2nd round when I was gassing and it stunned me...then I got hit with 3 or 4 more unanswered, and despite the fact that I was still on my feet, Herb stopped it:o:hs:

7. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Before the fight I wasn't nevervous much at all, not the butterfly knots on stomach stuff everyone talks about. Was in a pretty light hearted mood until about 10min before the fight. Then I just got real serious went to be called out. Saw my opponet for the first time right before I walked down the stage. He wished me good luck and I walked to the cage. Stepped in calm as ever, talked to my corner as I waited for him to enter. Finally the bell rings and he comes out calm, something I thought he wouldn't do seeing as how he was a gang banger from LA and a Member of MS13.

I figured he would just comeout and brawl. So that threw me off a little, so I met him center cage and cracked him with a great leg kick, after that he didn't want much trading and he tried to come in and body clinch me. I pummled for thai clinch and launched off a couple kness as he tried to back towards the cage. While we were against the cage he tripped me down after a big knee I hit him with and I fell to the mat and recovered guard. About .5 seconds later I arm barred him. The fight ended in 56 seconds.

I can tell you all that from remember that after the fight, during the fight it was like life was in slow motion, surreal as Menjoon said, it seemed like I had been in there forever when in reality i had only been in there 56 seconds.

8. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

didnt anyone lose their first fight?

9. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

mejnoon said he did.

10. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i think i saw that fight, it was good

11. Optamix

Optamix New Member

yea, it was a super competitive fight.

12. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I lost my first fight. Partially because I was too chill, and ate the opening punch hard which totally threw me off. The whole thing was fucked up because they changed the round time without informing me, but we battled for 5 min then I got hit and knocked down and the reffed stopped the fight with like 5 sec left in the first round. :ugh::hs:

13. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I've got that problem too. I'm like anti-aggressive.

14. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I can upload it again if anyone wants to see it

15. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

:mamoru:

16. Sylva

Sylva New Member

:wavey:

17. Mannaze

Mannaze New Member

Ill watch it.

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I thought I would fight better if I came in looking bored and unassuming ala Fedor. :mamoru: Right away I got hit hard and froze. Could not slip a punch and swung wildly at air in defense. I had to take a knee after eating 5-6 shots. When I regained my composure I hit him with a few kicks and body punches but he caught me again square in the jaw multiple times. I took another knee and that was it.

19. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

I fought a brown belt for my first fight he kept trying to take me down I jabbed him and leg kicked him for the first rd and a half and kept avoiding takedowns he took a shot late in the 2nd I caught him with a right cross he dropped I followed him down into side control and pounded until the ref stopped it.

Was nervous as hell but id boxed and played rugby in front of bigger crowds so it wasnt a big thing.

20. miek

miek New Member

You played high level hockey right? I have too, and think that being in some of those situations you learn to love pressure like that, sounds kinda corny I know, but you really do. Like me, I love doing presentations, love competing in front of people etc... I think it comes back from my glory days in hockey :)mamoru:) when you'd have hundreds of people in the stands watching you play lol. If you don't like pressure, you're pretty much fucked, and learn to like it... helps you work harder, ya know?

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

i played college baseball, but that's in front of a crowd of maybe 15 :o

22. miek

miek New Member

Ok, well I didn't play THAT high level :rofl: Just junior games

23. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

38k is the biggest crowd ive played rugby in front of and I smashed this guy and he got hurt they kept playing the replay on the big screen and the crowd was ohh and ahhing that was pretty cool.

24. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

I've been trying to upload this file for 2 days with no success:o Its too big (121mb)...if I figure it out I'll post it...

25. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member