TAT Dermatologists knowledgeable about piercing and piercings

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bigman7903, Jan 5, 2010.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Question to those w/ extensive knowledge about piercings and dermotologists.

I have an apadravya and I'm pretty sure that last year while wrestling in college, I got it snagged and tore a little bit of the bottom (prince albert hole) and it has resulted in a buildup of what my piercer called hypertrophic scarring around the hole. Doing a great deal of reading, I agree with said diagnosis through descriptions and pictures. It does not really look like a keloid at all.

The piercer suggested that I go to a dermatologist and suggested that two courses of action were to be expected, a cortisone cream to start with and see if it shrinks, then perhaps removal if it does not.

The dermatologist I frequent was straight forward about his lack of knowledge about such genital piercings and gave me a prescription cortisone cream to gauge its progress. The irritation has gone away, thankfully.

my question is this, because he is not very knowledgeable about piercings, where would I go about finding a dermatologist who is skilled in this area? I can't seem to find much online. I live in Cleveland and go to school in Pittsburgh, so either one would be great. Thanks everyone.

2. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher Active Member

I would just call around and ask different dermatologist offices until you found one that says they could see and help you, might be a little lol on the phone but who gives a fuck.

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

probably what i'll end up doing if this doesn't pan out :hs:

4. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

It's rare to find. I have a friend who works in a dermatologists office and she says they know a little about piercings/tattoos. She sends me copies of documents they get (medical journals, newsletters, etc.) and some of the info in them is just ridiculous.

Calling around would be your best bet. Ask them about their knowledge with piercing and their knowledge about hypertrophic scarring. Good luck.

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Thanks, I'm debating going to my piercers, purchasing the reverse PA jewelry and just letting the APA close up and have the scarring removed at a later date. Possibly have it re-pierced on the other side of the skin flap on the bottom of the glans.