TAT Dermal punch vs. needle for lobes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Geezle, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Geezle

Geezle Sweetness :love:

What are the pros/cons of each? Obviously with the dermal punch I'm aware that I'll have that hole permanently, and (I think) I'm fine with that, but what are the other differences between the two? Will the punch hurt more than the needle would? I know that there would definitely be a lot more blood involved :eek3:

I'm planning on getting my lobes pierced in the spring when I move up to Edmonton...I'll probably be getting it done at either 8ga or 6ga...probably 6ga :wiggle:

edit: I'll be doing some reading up on it on BME later, but I'm at work right now and its blocked :down:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

a dermal punch removes tissue and its gome forever, if you plan on stretching your lobes you will have alot less material to work with, they are also alot bloodies.. for lobes they really should not be used, they make needles all the way up to 4GA and with a fresh piercing they can be tapered right after up to 0GA..

only punch cartilage

3. Geezle

Hmm...I didn't really think of it that way - as far as having less material to work with for stretching, which I obviously plan to do. If pierced at say, 4ga chances are that it won't close up totally ever, correct?

Piercing large and stretching right after might not be a bad way to go though. I'd start small and work from there, but basically I'm too impatient :o

4. psyphre

psyphre User #58, OG ftw. XBL/IG - davzilla77

lol, i misunderstood, had to read it twice. when i got my ears done back in the day they just used the 'gun' thingy. this was before i even thought about gauging up. i had two on the left lobe at one point, the little hole is still there.

5. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

right, even being pierced at a small gauge, there will always be a little mark, well with a 4ga they will just be a bigger little mark, the more you stretch, the bigger the holde will be if you decide to take them out

lobe stretching is a big deal, it will permanently change your ears

6. Geezle

Yeah, I'm well aware that it's pretty much permanent, but I'm fine with that. From what I've read on BME even once it's stretched to 0ga it will probaby close mostly if not completely, although there will always be at least a small mark - but I've already got one ear that looks like it has been pierced even though it hasn't so that doesn't worry me too much :)

7. murdermafia

murdermafia Guest

if you punch it it will never grow back, streching it you can let it grow back

8. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

punching the lobes just seems to have too many draw backs. Now for cartilage I understand. All you're doing is displacing the cartilage tissue with a needle.

9. Geezle

Now that I've done a little research into it, I'm going to agree with you. I'll probably just end up getting them pierced bit (4ga) and then stretching right away :)