GUN Deputies Raid Wrong Address, Kill Couple's Dog

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 20, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Deputies Raid Wrong Address, Kill Couple's Dog
    posted 9:09 pm Mon November 19, 2007 - Accokeek, Md.
    from ABC 7 News - http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1107/474003.html
    An Accokeek couple is demanding an apology after Prince George's County Sheriff's Deputies burst into their home and killed their dog - all because deputies went to the wrong address.

Pam and Frank Myers were tucked away in their home Friday night watching a movie when the warrant squad pounced.

"All of a sudden I hear, bang, bang, bang, 'Open the door, police, open the door,'" said Pam Myers.

For 45 minutes the Myers were kept prisoner in their own home.

"They wouldn't let me go to the bathroom which is like seven feet down the hall," said Frank Myers.

"it was terrifying. I can't sit on my couch at night any more. I'm looking over my shoulder the whole time," said Pam Myers.

The Myers say the deputies knew immediately they had raided the wrong home. They say it could have ended with an apology, until the couple heard two shots from the yard.

"And I said, 'You just shot my dog," said Pam Myers, through tears. "I just wanted to go out and hold her a bit. They wouldn't even let me go out."

The couple's five-year-old boxer Pearl was killed. The deputy says he feared for his life. They say the dog would bark but was no danger to the deputies.

ABC 7/NewsChannel 8's Brad Bell reports that a search of court records shows a warrant for a suspected drug dealer who lives two doors away at 14610 Livingston Road. The address is clearly displayed on that house.

"It's just not right that people have to worry about - police have their jobs to do, but the house is marked over there. All they had to do was go look," she said. "I want the sheriff to apologize to my family for killing their dog."

The Myers say they have received no apology. They say the deputies just left the scene, offering no explanation. Deputies didn't even acknowledge that they had killed the dog, according to the Myers.

The Sheriff's Department says it's investigating what went wrong.

Deputies did, incidently, arrest the man named in the warrant Monday morning on felony gun and drug charges.

---

Damn cops seem to be on a dog killing spree lately.

2. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

One day they will raid the wrong house & loose a few deputies in the process

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Apparently the dog shooting trifecta is now in play.

4. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Can you say.... LAWSUIT

5. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

6. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

My biggest fear. They raid my house my first reaction is grab the gun - center mass.

Then I will be killed - I have a loaded AK-47 in closet - news says I am some crazy red next with an assult rifle who played to many video games. Close case.

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

The sad part is on that day, they will shoot an innocent man that was just protecting himself from what he perceived as a threat (especially if it is a no knock) and if he survives the encounter and the officers do not they will more than likely attempt to bring charges against the man for killing a LEO, stating that they "properly" identified themselves while knocking in the door.

8. MTech

MTech New Member

exactly

9. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

It'll be interesting though if they are serving a no-knock, home owner calls the police, they don't have any record of a warrant there (since it is the wrong house), home owner blasts them all believing they are a gang, and they have no backup on sight...that means that the cops aren't instantly going to light his ass up when they finally show up...shit would get interesting :o

10. MTech

MTech New Member

some how when they come crashing through the door and swarm out to find people in the house I doubt that anybody would have time to call police about it... not to mention if they locked themselves in a room some how the police would probably come busting through that door as well while they were on the phone.. so maybe have a recording of the innocent guy being killed...

11. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:dunno:

I'm just saying though, if they ever get the wrong house, don't have any backup, and the homeowner gets them all, it'll be interesting to see what happens in court. Would the homeowner be within his right to self defense, since as far as he can tell, they are just a gang?

12. MTech

MTech New Member

something just like that happened and was posted on here.. I wanna say they injured or killed the guy but his wife is was fine or something similar to that... They claimed that they're required to yell police when coming into the home so the guy wasn't warranted to of woken up alarmed/groggy and grab his gun and blast the police..

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:werd:

Then the gun control crew says see, if he didn't have guns he'd still be alive.

The only way this shit will stop is if big lawsuits are handed out. Officers need to be held personally liable for fucking up like this. It's absolutely, 100% unacceptable for this to occur.

And WTF, the article makes the cops sound like they don't have any humanness left. I mean no bathroom and can't hug the dog. Come on guys...that's just fucking gay.

I have the utmost respect and appreciation for cops but this shit is wrong on soo many levels.

14. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure that TL1000RSquid is a member of some site somewhere that is exclusively dedicated to stories of innocent peoples' dogs being killed by errant law enforcement.

15. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

16. Joe Somebody

Joe Somebody OT Supporter

Already happened, except they didn't shoot him. The guy is doing life.

17. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

If this happened at my place (I have an absolutely clean record), there would be a lawsuit from hell brewing for my local PD.

These dog killings are way too frequent as of late. Just one would be bad, but I'm reading a new one every other day now. Police need to reign themselves in, and start thinking about their actions more. There is no excuse for getting the wrong address, they have access to street maps don't they?

18. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Exactly. They will trump up charges, even though they were the aggressor. Thgey will do an investigation and find out they did everything right, of course they identified themselves as police (i mean someone says it, then it must be true!).

Then the innocent individual will go to jail for "murdering" police officers

19. crazybenf

crazybenf Active Member

I'm waiting for the 'if you didnt have an agressive breed there wouldnt have been a dog killing' arguments...

20. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Ohh come on guys the police have a hard job so they should be allowed to get away with killing innocents. And they would never make up stories saying they identified and the homeowner shot first.

21. smartypants

smartypants New Member

It's a Boxer - known for their punching ability:x:

22. Topgun

Topgun OT Supporter

if any cops made that mistake at my house and killed my dog, there'd be a massacre to deal with, I'm sure I'd end up dead but not before taking a bunch of cops with me.

Just the thought of something like that happening enrages me.

23. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

This is getting out of control. Where's Vette?

24. MTech

MTech New Member

Not to mention don't they stake these places out first to see where they are/what they look like and any activity if anybody is in there ect. I'd think before you go smashing into a house at 4am when it's pitch black that they'd send somebody out in the day to know where it is ect.

25. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

:rofl:

The rest of this shit pisses me off though. :mad: