SRS Depression

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StrongAlcoholic, Nov 28, 2009.

1. StrongAlcoholic

StrongAlcoholic New Member

So, I've never felt like killing myself before. And I wasn't expecting to. But, for whatever reason, I get these random bouts with acute depression. This started a couple of weeks ago. It hit me at work today, worse than it has before. Almost broke down. Had to go out behind the store with a cigarette to calm down. Actually cried. Haven't done that in over a year. Maybe longer. What I'm asking here is, how can I fix it?

2. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Something must be causing it. Can't be completely random.

3. StrongAlcoholic

StrongAlcoholic New Member

Nothing traumatic has happened since... About two months ago. And I've dealt with it. If it can still affect me that profoundly, that is some major bull shit.

4. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

must be from two months ago

5. Orly_Yarly

Orly_Yarly New Member

Perhaps, your body/mind hasn't had the chance to deal/cope with it in the correct manner (whatever traumatic event happened) and it's just now catching up to you :dunno:

For as long as I can remember, things don't "hit me" or affect me as quickly as it would most people. It never 'sinks in' as quickly as it should, and hits me when I least expect it.

6. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

You can't get professional help over the internet.

mod notice:Some people cannot afford health care so this is all they've got. :hsd: ,besides the asylum is not a replacement for professional help, nor do we claim to be able to replace them.

The asylum is a place to vent your personal experiences, and receive helpfull insight from people who went thru simular events and share how they've coped with them. And that personal real experience is something most psychiatrists don't go thru nor learn at university. Moreover we are free of charge. :coolugh: People here devout there valuable free time to help other people, if you want professional advice be prepared to pay the price. :hsugh:

On another note, we will redirect people to seek professional help. :wavey:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
  7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

My first questions would be, are you happy with the life you are living now? If the answer is no, you would have to do effort and follow a course that would get you to a place in life where you would preferably want to be.

Another thing is that using substances 'smoking,drugs,alcohol' can make you feel miserable, or could indicate other forms of 'unhealthy lifestyle'.

Another thing could be that you aren't opening up completely to what has been going on in your life, you shouldn't make your heart a murderhole and just spit out everything in here that has been bothering you, even small details of that. Its good to lift your heart(given you do it at the right place and person).

8. silverspade14

silverspade14 New Member

Same thing happened to me except I hadn't had a traumatic event happen for about 6 months (my mom tried to kill herself). Eventually I broke down crying and was physically and psychologically depressed to the point where I couldn't eat or sleep for about a week. Once I started eating and sleeping again things just weren't the same and I couldn't think about anything without feeling like shit (its hard to describe how I felt, I would look at the sky and just feel like it didn't have any meaning at all and it was a bit of a fearful feeling, like everything had become scary and threatening). Death was always on my mind and it seemed like I was never going to get better or feel the same way that I did before. I got on Lexapro and now about 6 months later I'm starting to ween myself off because I feel like my old self again. I'd suggest speaking to a therapist or a psychologist and then they will probably suggest seeing a psychiatrist as well. Beware about the medicines they describe though, anti-depressants have some bitchin side effects but I believe it worked pretty well.