SRS Depression

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Atlas, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Atlas

Atlas New Member

When I graduated college and didn't immediately start grad school/get a full time job, I lost my prescription coverage and thus lost access to the antidepressants I'd been on for the last year. Before that I was... not quite suicidal but intensely self-destructive. I self-injured, drank to the point of alcohol poisoning more than once, destroyed every relationship I had, etc. It was bad. The last year has been amazing though. It hasn't been SOLELY the antidepressants, but also a lifestyle change involving spending several months in another country with some of the most incredible people I've ever met. Unfortunately, moving back tot he states, moving home/away from those friends and losing m meds all coincided around the same month (May). Since then I feel the old me slowly stalking me and trying to creep back into my life. It's making it nearly impossible to force myself to get myself into grad school and find a job, even though it would be those very things that got me OUT of this... funk.
    *sigh*
    any advice?

2. Atlas

Atlas New Member

sorry for all the typos.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Bad enviroment problem.

What you 'where' doing was good, you escaped your bad eviroment, the only thing that went wrong was that you should have STAYED there.

4. Atlas

Atlas New Member

Well, that's not exactly an option considering 2 things.
    1- I am not a citizen of the UK
    and
    2- I ran out of money

5. Atlas

Atlas New Member

Oh, I should mention that I'm so lame as to not have emailed the registrar about my missing diploma. Not having it bars me from grad school admissions so DUUUHHHH go do it right? No, post on a message board instead. I suck.

6. johan

johan Active Member

Go to a free clinic if you don't have medical insurance.

If by some miracle you somehow got accepted into grad school in your current condition, it'd be a complete waste of time. You'd fail. It's that simple. And then another door slams shut on you.

Get your depression treated first instead of trying all sorts of band-aid fixes, none of which address the root problem.

7. Atlas

Atlas New Member

What could a free clinic do to "fix" me?