SRS Depression when youve everything going for you.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dguy, Oct 4, 2006.

1. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

I've been depressed all my life even though I've been given close to every opportunity available. I have no direction in life, and I'm completely confused as to where I should direct my efforts next. I just cannot motivate myself to do ANYTHING that will benifit ME, stupid things such as keeping a clean household for myself is impossible for me feels impossible, however if I am in someone elses home I am easily able to go out of my to make their living space spotless. Do any of you have any insight on this? Did you take up a daily regiment to combat this sort of thing? Thank you very much for reading/listening.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

How old are you? Have you ever thought about... leaving the United States? Santa Barbara California is not "real life" as most of humanity lives it. Maybe what you need is a holiday in Cambodia? Maybe you should travel, outside the US for a while? If you do, I promise your outlook will change.

Anyway, as to the depression itself... if you really think you are clinically depressed, then you should seek treatment for that. Its a disease. You could have the happiest life evar and still be sad because your brain is imbalanced, chemically and otherwise. So if you've been depressed your whole life, then you've been ill with a disease your whole life, and isn't it about time you got some help with that? Maybe you meant it as an expression, to characterize angst and you're not really sad all the time. I dunno.

3. Lech

Lech Rhymes with fetch.

See a psychiatrist, get on some meds. It worked for me.

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Santa Barbara is a trashy plastic area.... i hate it.

Anyways... you may want to talk to a doc if this is persistant through your life. Seems like you could have some form of OCD too given your thought patterns. I'm no doc though... so consult one :)

try making a list of what brings you down... and see why it does. Tackle it from there.

5. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

Reserve prescription meds for your last attempt. Not a great idea if you don't absolutely have to.

Having everything going for you doesn't mean you have a life that's right for you. Save some money, take a vacation, maybe a road trip, anything that is different, and particularly something you might be especially interested in. Find out what you need to change in life to make it better.

As for the cleaning thing, there's no quick fix for self-motivation. Ironically, it takes work, which is why it's such a problem. Try listening to some Anthony Robins, or just let it get bad enough that you finally have to do something. I'd try the Anthony first.