SRS DEPRESSION SUCKS

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pistolpete, Feb 24, 2008.

1. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

You go get diagnosed... you get put on medication and it works for a little while then it stops working, then you get new medication and it works for a while then you feel depressed again. Ruins your social relationships, motivation goes out the window, career is affected, physical appearance is affected. Feeling of regret, guilt, paranoia, looking too deep into every last word/ detail. Combined with anxiety and it is exhausting mentally and physically!

Just trying to keep on keepin on...

Sorry had to vent...:noes::wtc:

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I know exactly what you mean. It's very difficult to deal with. Don't forget therapy!

3. pistolpete

pistolpete New Member

my parents push me on the therapy and saying its perfectly normal and many people go there... i just have been putting it off... ie lack of motivation.

4. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You have to go because you want to do it. Pushing doesn't help with that usually. I would go if it were me -- well, I do go actually. I go every week. It comes in handy for a lot of things. I talk about "everything" under the sun, from religion to ideas to make money, it doesn't matter. Relationships, whatever.

It helps a lot having that objective outside view point from someone trained and experienced working with hundreds of clients. If you get along with the person, then it goes real well.

5. Darth_Kelly

Darth_Kelly Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual.

I've always felt that medication isn't and can't be the final solution to your problems. You must work out the causes of your depression on your own and with other's help (either friends or professionals). Although your lack of motivation may lead you to not want to pursue therapy, view it as something you have to do. If you have the chance of getting better, what do you have to lose?

6. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

I think this is the missing link.

Try it. Trust me... your parents are very right; it's normal, not stigmatized like 40 years ago and it can be very helpful even if you click and just talk about the weather and your hobbies.

7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

It's 50/50.. I had friends who were severely depressed who did both and realized that therapy was wasting their time but felt fine on the meds and just stuck with that.

others need it... to each their own.

8. Jay487

Jay487 What's Life If You Ain't Enjoyin' It?

I haven't been diagnosed but those words fit me line for line... especially "looking to deep into every last word/detail" - I overanaylze EVERYTHING and dwell on it and think about it for a long time. Combined with other things youve listed, you're right, I've never been so depressed and exhausted these past few months.

9. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

The counseling will be very helpful for this.