SRS Depression. Is it a drug?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by planeh, Jan 22, 2007.

1. planeh

planeh Guest

I fall in love too easily. I've been hurt time and time again and I never seem to learn. I always believe that I'm strong enough but again I always fall in love with someone just after 5-6 months of dating.

I've just recently gotten out of another relationship and I just can't seem to let go. but why? I need to move on and every part of my being is telling me I need to do that but I just can't do that. Am I too comfortable with depression and that I need it? I always find myself trying to get closer only to get rejected again only to feel that depression. the sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach triggers the depression and I start worrying and settle into that state of mind and can't do anytihng.

I then start to have the after affects of depression. Self doubt, insecurities, etc. my mind races and I can't seem to think logically anymore. I can't laugh at anything, I can't do things that would normallymake me happy. When i do find that i'm feelign better I tend to try and slump back into that depressive mode because its where I know. I do however like to spend time with those around me that love and care for However at the end of the day they go home to their wives and families and I go home to a cold empty apartment and depression is waiting for me on the otherside of that door. there have been many times I've stood outside of my apartment door afraid to go in, then after moments of thinking I run abck outside and take a drive somewhere just to think.

I'm afraid that it will get worse. i'm afraid of a lot of things. I'm afraid that I might be addicted to depression and unwilling to help myself.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Falconer

Falconer Active Member OT Supporter

Jun 23, 2006
    Here's something I posted in another thread:

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Feb 28, 2005