SRS Depression is interfering with my life maybe you can help (anonymous thread)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I'm 22 years old. I've suffered with depression and HORRIBLE axiety all my life. Recently now it has gotten worse. My girl friend moved 40 minutes away, my brother moved, and a close family member got sick. I also hate where I live. I'm planning on leaving after college.

Well I find out my school is trying to hold me back because of my math skills and they are deciding wheter or not to let me move foward. I've worked my ass off for this degree and it suddenly just came to a crash. They've been taking weeks to decide if they will grant me the degree. In the time my depression/axiety has gotten horrible. I'm snapping and my family members and fighting for stupid reasons, I'm sleeping all the time, When I am awake

I'm just thinking about the future "what will happen with the girl friend" "when will I move" "will I graduate this semester" and my mind just runs with these and similar thoughts all the time. What do I do I'm on 10mg of prozac and .5 of xanax. I just can't seem to shut my mind off. I've been over eating and aren't as interested in sex as I use to be,

and I've been over sleeping. Its starting to effect my relationship. What do I do? Every anti depressant I've been on besides prozac gives me sexual side effects and I don't want that. I feel like i'm letting my gf down with my axiety. Can any of you recommend medications that would help with my axiety and I can talk to my doctor about them. How can I get my gf to understand what I'm going through?

2. Determined

Determined New Member

What do you believe your depression and anxiety derive from? Also, it seems that you may be using your relationship with your SO as a crutch instead of straightening out your own issues?

3. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

I really feel for you. First, take a deep breath. You are dealing with a lot.Some of it you can control, others you can't. Try to group your worries into those two groups. There are the ones you cannot control, such as the illness of a family member. Try to be there for the person without feeling like you are responsible for their well-being. Then, there are the problems which you can control, such as getting help with math. Talk to someone about tutoring you. You can do it, but you have to act. The medicine can do only so much for you.

4. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

So, how is it going? Are you feling better?

5. Johnny Sack

Johnny Sack Penis?

In for update.

6. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Have you done anything that doesn't involve drugs?