SRS Depressed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bryanboy, Mar 30, 2007.

1. bryanboy

bryanboy Guest

I don't even know why I'm venting here (of all places) but none of my friends on msn are online and everyone is probably asleep or have gone out but I need a good cry.

It really sucks being me. I've been getting an onslaught of harassing emails in the past few days. Usually I shrug them off and take them in stride (I should be used to it by now) but the recent emails I've been getting are pretty much stalker-like. My gut instinct says that the emails are coming from people I know -- former friends whom I had a fallout 2 years ago -- and the same people who I somewhat slammed on my blog for copying another designer's designs.

Anyway, one of them threatened to publish my grandmother's details online, like photos, adresses, etc. and to be honest with you, I'm just scared. I think I've done a great job in separating my family from my 'insanity' online... away from all the cyber e-fame or whatever. It's not fair to drag my family into this. I can't even count the number of times stalkers went outside our house. People seem to think everything is oh so dandy whatever but little they know I have soo much drama in my life -- how my mum is sick, one of my sisters got knocked up. I don't share any of these things on my blog because frankly, it's nobody else's business but I'm just fed up of everything.

2. 7960

7960 New Member

Oct 17, 2004
  3. di3soft

di3soft Guest

I honestly dont know how you think some one will take you seriously after everything you post especially on OT, but none the less time heals all and you really cant control stalker except for maybe police
  4. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Report it, carry around mace.

You have enough money to turn your life completely around and do something better with yourself. The only person who will help you get out of your depression is yourself, start there, maybe it's not everything else that's making you depressed.
  5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oct 8, 2002
    I think you need to be more critical about your lifestyle and aknowledging plus understanding the problems that it causes.

I've met a lot of people who live alternative lifestyle's, and there's 2 categories , 1 the people who are standing strong enough in their shoes to deal with all the critisism, 2, the people who can't take the critisism and get a mental breakdown.

Basically people who cannot take the pressure of all the critisism are better off to preserve their mental health and return to a socially accepted lifestyle, then to get a nervous breakdown from all the pressure that is being put on them.

So the keyword is balance here, which is devided into coping resources V.S Drama.

So lets go into confrontation mode and see what drama you've got in your life (that i know off)

-your mom being sick
    -your sister who got knocked up
    -your grandmothers details being published

And quite frankly i think there's a lot more you have got going in your life, which you could also tell once you are emotionally ready for it.

I've adressed the annorexia in another thread you posted in the front desk, i said that if no one has pulled the alarmbells, i would do so now, not knowing if you have read that, i hope you have found/or will find a counceller still who will support you with the emotional problems that you have. So that you can find this shoulder to cry on that you need every now and then, in order to vent and get some weight off your shoulders.

I personally think that you challenge people on-line, you challenge them into making remarks, and you do this by exposing yourself. Lets look at the inverse of it, lets say you would never have exposed yourself on-line, then you would never have had someone who would be harassing you or threaten to put all your grandma's personal data on-line.

What im saying here is that its ok, to use the internet, its ok to talk about yourself. But if you start revealing personal information to people with bad intentions, then that opens the door up to stalkers. So the key understanding here is that ' You know there are bad people with wrong intentions out there, the last thing you want to do is to invite them into your own life'

You need to be like a castle gate closing yourself to bad people/things/events, and open yourself up to good people/things/events, if you let the enemy into your castle they will only end up destroying it(even if its family), and leaving you crying over the ruins.From there you can keep on crying, or rebuild your life, i advice you to rebuild your life.

I don't know how they got the information of your grandma, but its time to report this to the police. I would go thru hell fire to protect my family from harm i i had to , and i would have no hesitations into taking measures in order to protect them from those individuals with bad intentions.

Its time you start protecting yourself, not only from others but also from yourself.
  6. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Apr 24, 2005
    I agree with Dark about this- perhaps its time to pull back a bit, even if its just momentarily, to take care of yourself and your family. Focus on your family and disappear from your blog and email for a little while, especially since it's making your life super hard to deal with right now.

If you feel like you need to talk to a professional about your depression or other pressures in your life right now, then you should. If you decide it's not for you or not something you want to pursue, than that's fine, but give it a chance first and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Take some time to ask yourself some hard questions about what's happening in your life right now and then take the time to answer those questions. I personally find that a good place to start.

Best of luck to you. :)
  7. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

Feb 23, 2004
    I also agree that you need to scale back the online persona.

People are clever and will find you where you don't want to be found. You might have done a good enough job separating your online and actual realities, but more often than not, they crash into each other.

That being said, it could be someone here or your friends who you've had a falling out with.

Let the police know (although I'm not sure there's a ton they can do in Manila) if you're really being physically threatened. At least then, if there are a handful of witnesses, it's documented that you were having issues with people.