SRS Depressed?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WangHangLow, Mar 24, 2006.

1. WangHangLow

WangHangLow Live it, Love it, Lax!

For some reason I honestly think I am becoming depressed. Its my senior year of high school. Up until now I have been living to actually learn, play lacrosse. I was generally interested in a lot of the subjects I was taking, had a 4.0 gpa, but this year is different. My grades have fallen. I know I'm a smart kid but for some reason I just can't wrap my mind about the subjects I am taking these are things I used to be interested in to. Got my first D ever actually got two of them. My preformance in lacrosse has fallen a lot as well. I was voted the pre-season all american for my posistion, but now I feel my team can't even rely on me to make a sub-par preformance come game time. I can't sleep anymore. Its 2:11 am right now and I am not even tired and I have been up for 72 hours. I haven't been in a relationship for 2 years now and I am really bummed about that. In fact there is a girl can't get her out of my mind. Think about her all the time, unfortunately, she isn't interested. This year has sucked entirely and I don't forsee it getting better. I don't know what to think but I just want the turn things around I want to get back to where I was. Most of all I want to win the girl, but thats probably impossible, though she did tell me I could give her a call when she gets back into town over spring break this next week. I dunno what to think, right now the most important thing is that I get back to where I was in school and lacrosse. I really can't lose the scholarship offers that I have. My parents don;t have the money to put me through college and this is pretty much the way I am going to make it. I just don't know what to think any more. So I thought I would post here and get some advice. This is the end of my rant thanks for listening.

2. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

sounds like half of it is senioritis. im in your position in a lot of ways. my grades are shit too, and I know I gotta raise them if I wanna stay in any college that I got accepted to. There's been many things that have troubled my mind and made me depressed this last year in high school. I thought becoming a senior would be fun, instead, I'm less happy than ever even though I have more freedom.
    I've tried to take my mind off girls, since I know they just wanna be friends with me and nothing more. It's fine with me, so I don't get troubled by that issue too much.

It seems as if you have a lack of motivation to perform right now. I don't know what will give you motivation to get back on your feet, but I encourage you to find something to focus your mind on. For me, hitting the gym and training my ass off keeps my mind off my problems and helps me get through the days. There's only so much more time left you have here. Make the best of it. Treat it as the last 100 meters of a race. Give it everything you got. Good luck.

3. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

definitely sounds like senioritis -- you've only got a couple more months to pull your shit together! try goin to the gym or goin out for walks or hanging out with friends, you definitely need to get your mind off things if even just for a little bit. and as for this girl who's not interested...doesn't seem like she's worth worrying about.

you'll be starting college in the fall and then it's a whole new ball game for you :bigthumb:

4. WangHangLow

WangHangLow Live it, Love it, Lax!

Yeah, I've been going to the gym for a while now part of my morning rutine. Everyday at 5:30am to the gym then shower and off to school. I tried a couple of different things to get my shit together somethings worked for a while. I even tried partying more. Getting drunk, smoking, Running, shooting hoops. Its been tough. I really don't think it senioritis. I would understand if I was just slacking, but right now I have no motiviation in any part of my life period except for the girl. I mean I know I shoud just forget about her and move on but I can't. Some much reminds me of her. Most of her interests match mine and she is beautiful. I'm thinking if it was just senioritis I could work through it I've been able to work through most things in my life so far. I've made it throught a pretty bad childhood horrible family situations and shit like that so I realy think this is something different. I am emotionally and physically burnt out. I can't get angry, happy, sad, I'm just tired. For a while I was benching 250lbs now I am down to 180 and I eat right, work out every other day. So the loss of strenght is wierd. I really dunno.

5. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

maybe you need to sleep more? now it just kinda seems like you're burning the candle at both ends. kudos for gettin up and goin to the gym and eating right. well, if this girl is all you can think about -- approach her and try to hang out with her. who knows, maybe she will be interested after all

6. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

ok besides senioritis its the girl then. you're probably too worked up about her to think about anything else. find things to do with friends and get your mind off her. closure is tough but you'll get through it, as long as you're willing to.