SRS Depressed for no reason

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by D-FENS, Dec 1, 2005.

1. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Lately, I've been finding myself feeling very depressed for no real big reason. I'll be sitting at home, feeling like shit, like my life is a waste. School seems to be somewhat of a problem, since I'm supposed top schedule more classes since I dropped Spanish, though that would result in me loosing my only studies, which are what keep me from completely failing school. Though, stuff like this wouldn't normally bother me, so I have no idea whats going on. I'm feeling no motivation to do anything. My only guess to this sudden depression might be the weather, and the light. It gets dark here by 5 PM, and this weather is horrible too, I don't think I've seen the sun in over a week.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm just venting.

2. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Yeah, the inactivity seems to be doing alot to. I was working earlier today, and haven't had much time to sit around on my ass doing nothing, So I do feel alot better. The fog and rain around here finally stopped today as well.

And no, I'm not looking for pills or anything. I seem to be one of the only teenagers I know who actually recognizes and accepts that as a teenager, I will have many emotional ups and downs. I don't have clinical depression or anything, I'm just in one of the downs. Chances are that I'll be right back up again in a week or two.

About school, there's just some scheduling problems that could end up screwing me out of my study period I have at the end of the day, which I really need. I'm now thinking that the school issue that's bothering me the most is that I have two big papers to work on. Now, I can't seem to enjoy anything if I have something else I need to eventually do. Even though my history paper isn't due until mid-January I feel compelled to get it all done now, just to get it out of the way. I feel somewhat overwhelmed by these papers. The history paper, I have no idea what it is supposed to be about. My teacher said that it should be about a big event that changes the course of history, I've proposed to do mine on D-day, Pearl Harbor, the Manhattan project, Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech, and she's turned down all my proposals, and still hasn't explained what was wrong with them, so I have no idea what to do there. My other paper is supposed to be 4-6 pages explaining how Daisy was the overall villian in "The Great Gatsby." I feel extremely challenged by this, as I have no great writing skills. I can easily make my whole argument in one page, and once I have made all my points, it feels impossible for me to write any more. I've made my points, why should I have to write more if it doesn't contribute to the argument of my paper? You know how I feel?

Though.. this seems to be more OT tutoring material and Asylum matrial now, I'll take this over there, thanks for the help anyway.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You know my teacher once said that people who suffer from seasonal depression could best move to a sunny country. Humans live everywhere but are basically tropical beings.