SRS Depressed but not so depressed

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wonderboy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

Sometimes i feel depressed especially on a friday or saturday night when there is nothin to do... i think it's because that i don't like being on my own...

i have a problem of trying to go out and do something and when the plans are in motion, i feel like not goin out anymore and try to get out of it, it happened many times... i still don't have any true friends... all the people i "go out" with are people that i usually contact and ask them what they are doin... my phone never rings and i usually have to make the phone call...

i think i'm a cool person but sometimes i wonder if i'm just an annoyin loser, that calls everyone... and when their phone rings, they probably give the :ugh: face...

i dunno what i'm doin wrong, or if i'm doin anythign wrong... i feel alone, i'm in a big city, go to university... and i try but i think the more i try, the worse it becomes..

i don't know, it's 9pm on a friday, and i'm startin to get that feelin of loneliness... because the 3 people i texted aren't up for doin anything...

also when i first meet people, they think (and say that) i'm cool/funny or whatever and i can feel it too from the way they talk to me and stuff... but i think after a while i just become boring or something...

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

yea i kinda feel like that too sometimes :sadwavey:

3. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

:sadwavey:

this makes me feel less lonelier lol

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

im sorry lol :sadwavey:

5. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

so what do you do, just keep on livin?

6. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

i smoke alot of weed, i started smokin like everyday in university, but i didn't have this problem (of depression or whatever) in high school, i was one of the 'popular' kids, got out and wasted every weekend... and i've been smokin weed everyday for 2 years now, and i think my situation might be connected to weed.. So last night, as i was smokin a bowl, i decided to quit it until at least the end of summer, to see how it will change me... i still have some weed left, so we'll see if i have the willpower to retain from it

7. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I have noticed at college, the "popular" kids have no personality. All they talk about is how drunk/high they got over the weekend and how many times they had skipped class or cheated on a test.

Took me a long time, but I finally found a group of friends that I can go do things with that do not involve alcohol and we have a great time. Occasionally we do drink, but it is not the focus of our weekends.

8. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

I have the same exact problems as you man. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I hang out with a very tight knit group of like 3 people and when I got my new roomie it seemed like she cast some freaking spell on them. It's like they lost complete interest in me for a while, but then I had a heart to heart with one of my more understanding friends and things have been okay. My new roomie is no more due to the fact that she got pregnant and had to leave school, but I think it has opened up my friends' eyes to the fact that my roomie was a disposible friend. The type of friend that knows you for two days and screams how much she loves you all. It's not a real friendship...just fun people to hang out with. Now my friends have realised that I'm a real friend.

I think the people you hang out with just have to realise as well that you aren't a disposible friend.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I'm the same way. I'm just lazy though. I was supposed to head down to L.A. today but I don't feel like driving an hour to see people who might not even be home much :o

Nobody comes up here. they expect me to go down there, but there's nowhere for me to crash there so I have to drive home the same night while we have plenty of space at my place.

10. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

I hate it when that happens :/ it makes you feel so goddamn unwanted. :wtc: I'm feelin the loneliness tonight. I don't really go out during the summer because its my relax mode type deal....and my coworker obviously didn't mean to make me feel like shit...but he totally did.

He was like what do you do all summer??? I hate it when people ask me what I'm doing tonight :squint:

11. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

yea seems like we are not only ones neither

12. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

dude i feel your pain...july was pretty much the worst month of my life

wife decided to leave me....i was working nights 10-6am COMPLETELY alone and with sunday monday off..so i wasnt able to go out at all...goddamn it sucked

13. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

I can relate on the wanting to go out and then trying to back out of plans once in motion. It sucks

14. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

yea i don't know why, and if those plans didn't work out, i would be all sad and shit because the plans didn't work out

15. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Go out by yourself. Have a drink, talk to some random strangers.

I used to be like that. I actually looked forward to getting pulled over for a random breath test just so I could speak to someone, but just do it a couple of times, will fall into place and then you get more confidence to speak with girls etc etc etc

16. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

so other than people sayin that they have the same problem?

is there anyone that will advice or suggest anythning

17. Ideotique

Just head out and talk to people at random. Takes some balls, but it's good for you

Was in a strange town on Saturday night 600kms from home. Found a good looking bar, went in, got talking to a few people, stayed for hours, went home with a nice girl. Was completly by myself, but so what.

18. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

yea but you were in a completely different town... i would probably do that..

but goin to bars alone in your city... i dunno bout that

19. Ideotique

What's the difference :dunno:

I've moved on from an area and all that. If I feel like that I just head on down and have a bit of fun. If you would do it away from home, why not do it in your home town?

20. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

yea i shoulld probably force myself to do it

21. Ideotique

Made me come out of my shell a fair bit.

Any advice I give is based on things that have worked for me. Used to be really shy and withdrawn, stayed at home on friday and saturday nights. Hadn't had a girlfriend in years.

Turned things around about 12 months ago. Still working on it but it gets easier and better each day

22. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

so basically force yourself to go out to bars by yourself?

that's the thing though, i am very comfortable talkin to people and outspoken... i can talk to strangers if somehow we get to talkin no problem.. and people always seem to like me.. but somehow it stop after a while... i dunno why