SRS depressed about not doing anything

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Jul 5, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i'm depressed about life in general but now even more because i'm getting older and i'm still not doing anything. i want a career but just don't know how to find one. I just don't have ambition or dreams like i use to. What should I do?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as depressed? That's one place to start.

To find out what you are interested in or what careers would appeal to you, go to your local university or college. They usually have career placement offices and they give aptitude test to help find what interests you then suggest careers in those fields.

If you continue to do nothing, you'll simply get older and still won't accomplish anything. The key is to start taking action...even small steps help. Don't just sit there and bitch. Ask yourself better questions. Questions like:
    What can I do today to move myself closer to finding work??
    What areas am I interested in?? How can I use this knowledge to help me move in the direction of working in that area??

Stay away from why questions because they don't empower you. Questions like, Why am I stuck? OR Why is nothing happening in my life?? THose kinds of questions don't help. Ask yourself empowering questions.

3. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

been depressed alot of my life:( been on meds and been to alot of doctors just doesn't help because i get bad side effects

Thanks for the advice.

4. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Exactly how old are you? Maybe you should look into continuing your education?