Deploying to Iraq v.My girlfriend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by signal, May 20, 2008.

1. signal

signal New Member

I've been with my girl for close to 6 months now. It's been a pretty solid relationship. I'm deploying to Iraq this summer and I don't know what to do.

She's known about my upcoming deployment since we got together and vows to support me while I'm gone. The thing is, a year is a long time, and if I were in her shoes would I stay faithful? Probably not. How can I expect her to?

I feel like I have one of two options:

A. Accept her support, but stay emotionally detached until I can pick things up when I get back.

B. Fuck it, I may die over there. I'll throw my cards on her table and ask her to Marry. She needs the incentive to stay in it.

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Go with A.

And good luck over there

3. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:werd:

4. 1.8t

1.8t Member

5. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

A., and god bless ya man, I have some family overseas.

6. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

A.

Thanks for your service.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You've only known each other for 6 months. If it was me I'd break it off and stay friends.

8. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

Maybe dont stay emotionally detached, but dont propose to her either. Emotional detachment wont really protect her effectively from the situation. Write to her frequently, let her know how you're doing. It would be nice to have someone to look forward to seeing when you get home. Allow her to support you. If you make it through this, then marry her when your relationship has had a chance to mature properly.

Good luck in Iraq, and thank you.

9. signal

signal New Member

I knew before I met her that I was leaving. I never wanted to get in this situation, but I'll tell you, when you're not looking that's when you find someone.

I'll be happy having a good girl to support me, but I've been deployed before and hurt in a not-so-serious relationship. In that she filled me with false expectations and it was a big let down when I got home. I don't want that to happen again.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:squint:
    Please stop being like every other moron in the forces who seems to think they should marry whatever girl they are dating before deployment, no matter if they've been dating a month or have a terrible relationship. Just because you might die does no mean you should marry :ugh:

What do you want? If you want to focus on what you are going to be doing over there then let her go so you won't have to even think about her and what she is doing. You could also basically break up and talk about the possibility o getting back together when you come back :dunno:

That being said, good luck!

11. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Don't be selfish and pick A.

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

DONT PROPOSE

if you think there will be a cheating issue, having you two be legally bound will not prevent it from happening. hopefully you have choosen to date a girl that will respect you and the relationship and will stay faithful anyway

i go with A, just stay with her if thats what you want. you can be realisitic that she might get lonely and bored with her bf gone for a year, but dont be pesemistic and assume she will automatically be like the other girl and the previous deployment

and lately, be safe out there. i have had a cousin and a friend out there (both got married right before they went and both marriages are shit btw) so i hate hearing that anyone has to go back

13. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

This will not end well.

14. signal

signal New Member

I don't do the friend-zone thing. I'm not going to be the chump that sings sweet lovey doveys to her in letters and correspondence while the other guy fucks her. I don't want that kind of support while I'm gone.

15. signal

signal New Member

I don't want her to stay on hold for me. I actually told her this would be a great opportunity for her to do something out of her comfort zone as well, get out and find her self, and if it was meant to be then I'll be there when I come back.

16. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

That was the best decision. Never hang around with a girl in a "LDR". Now go and come back.

17. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I asked my girlfriend of 7 months to marry me a few days before my deployment.

She was fucking other guys within a month after me leaving.

It's usually something like 80% of guys with girlfriends break up, 50% of guys engaged break up, and maybe 15% of married people.

Some girls just can't stand being without cock, especially if they haven't known the guy very long.

18. signal

signal New Member

She actually told me that I would cheat over there... :ugh: I was like "Baby, it's the other way around!" :rofl:

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

they say that often the accuser is basing their accusations on their own cheating capabilities.

"they" also say such stupid shit that i'm not sure you should pay them any heed. it's just an idea. it's your call

20. signal

signal New Member

Yeah, she might just be my asian phase, Idk.

21. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You're worried about her cheating and you're wondering if you should marry her :ugh:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah...I think breaking up with her right now is the best thing for her and you.

23. jonno

jonno New Member

ouch

24. iwishyouwerebeer

I'd say it has a lot more to do with the fact that so many dumbasses who go overseas seem to think their best option would be to marry their girlfriend. Like you, you proposed after only 7 months! This guy at 6? I just heard of another guy proposing to his girlfriend of 7 months when they have a terrible relationship and have broken up numerous times. He leaves for Iraq in one week and wants to get married the day before he ships out.

If you have to rush an engagement/wedding, there is something wrong.

25. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

I've been on the other end of your situation twice. It sure does suck, but that doesn't mean she'll cheat on you (and if you have legitimate concerns that she will, break it off now!!)

I say do neither. She knows what she's getting into. If she wants to support you and you want her to be your girlfriend, then stay with her. But detaching yourself from her and staying with her anyway would probably be a good way to drive her into the arms of someone else.

I wouldn't marry her either though. I've seen that happen way too many times but I've never seen it work out. :hs:

Good luck out there, Ace!! My thoughts and prayers are with you :wavey: