MIL DEP seperation letter v. old recruiter trying to screw my SPF change

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SW20 Nick, Nov 7, 2005.

1. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

long story made short: i was going to go to the AF/active but i changed my mind to do Air NG; its just a better choice for me. Now, i went to MEPS and everything, passed it all blah blah; tell this to my Air NG recruiter who fills out an SPF change with me n enters my name into the computer. ding ding ding; says im still in the DEP of the AF. Wtf? I had supposidly been dropped by the AF/active in august (after a 3 hour talk with the recuriter) n had my job booking cancelled. I call up my old recruiter who tells me everything is now on a MEPS level and that there is nothing he can do. I ask the flight leader of his recruiting unit to give me a call, but he never returns my calls....what can i do? i want to book my basic date for the end of may so i can leave as soon as i finish college...i entered the active DEP on the 25th of may this year..i cant wait until then (may 25th of 06) for a release, it will kill everything for me.

What can i do to get a letter of seperation from the AF? im getting pretty sick of the avoiding and dead end answers.

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

This will work, the FIRST time EVERY time:

Call your congressman's office. Explain to them what you are trying to do, and what is happening to prevent you from doing it. Make sure you are very professional and polite and do not badmouth anyone at the recruiter's station.

Give them names, phone numbers, and relevant dates. Stand back and watch as your old recruiter gets some extreme motivation.

I've seen this used several times for different things regarding the military (not just for recruiter snafu's). It works every single time.

3. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

Maybe they could push my 4187 through for airborne school eh? :x:

4. Ranger-AO

:werd:

My dad used it to get out of sea duty when he was in the Navy. He had to put together a huge packet of information to justify his request, but in the end it worked. He spent the last 5 years of his enlistment on land. He had exhausted all of his options with his chain of command, with no results. But once he got his congressman's office involved, it was like people were jumping over each other trying to help him. A few of 'em got butthurt over it, but not to where it impacted his career.

5. SW20 Nick

ok cool...

sounds terrible (and lazy) but how do i find out who my local congressperson is? (11432 is my zip if some1 wants to do my homework for me :wiggle:)

6. Ranger-AO

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Members of Congress Representing ZIP code 11432

Residents of the 11432 ZIP code are represented in Congress by 2 Senators and 3 Representatives. To determine who your specific Representative is please repeat your search with a complete address or 9 digit ZIP code.

Member Name :: DC Phone :: DC FAX :: Email

7. Ranger-AO

huh?

8. Ranger-AO

As I said before, he went through his chain of command as high as he could go. He had support at lower levels, but not at a high enough level to get approval for permanent shore duty. Hence the Congressman route.

9. Ranger-AO

Maybe I should have highlighted the proper portions of my previous posts.

The congressman would not have supported him if it had been a bullshit request. He had high ranking officer support, but not in his chain of command. He had support from within his chain of command for what he was doing, but not at a high enough level to make it happen.

10. SW20 Nick

:wiggle: thank you

ill let u guys know how it turns out.