Dent repair books/tutorials?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Skoles, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Skoles

Skoles Guest

A while back my car (2k Cougar) got whacked by a '68 Chevelle. I was parked and the little old lady was trying to park next to me. She pretty much caught just behind the passenger door & put a nice 12" crease from the bumper. The sheet metal also indented quite a bit as well.

I pulled the interior panel & speaker off and was able to get to a majority of the area with ease. Enough to push the largest part of the indent back out at least (no pics avail). I tried some light tapping & pounding with what little room I had to work with and didn't do much. I have a dent puller that I'm going to try on the remaining portions to see if it'll work better now, but I have a guy I work with who has the tools for hammering out dents he'll lend me.

Are there any sites or recommended books I can check out that will help me get most of this out?

2. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

Nov 13, 2004
    check in your local area for a PDR guy(Paintless Dent Removal).. they can get out a pile of really bad dents, and they usually can for a really good price! If that doesnt work. leave teh dent there until you can afford to get it professionally done . if you crack the paint or in any way break the seal of the paint to the metal you will also have to deal with rust as well as the dent.
  3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I called PDR a while back. They wanted $100 for the panel & $30 per inch over the size of their business card.

I attacked it this weekend and took out a TON of the damage. What's left is some damage I couldn't quite get out that I think only specialized machinery could. I'll probably take it back to them and see what they say. I'll grab some pics tomorrow.