Dent popping kit

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Virtualmikey, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Virtualmikey

Virtualmikey OT Supporter

Ok, I bought the "ding king" kit or whatever it's called to pull a dent out of my rear drivers side. I followed the instructions, and it did a decent half assed job of pulling the dent out (I'm broke, no money to actually have it done right), but now the hot glue stick residue thats on my truck will NOT come off no matter what. I sat out there with a blow drier and the softest plastic putty knife I could find, and scraped off as much as I could. There is still a smudge of it that no matter what I do, it just swirls around instead of coming off.

Any suggestions?

Also, while I'm at it, quick question - what do I need to de-badge my truck safely? I want to take some of the Toyota emblems off of it. I got some new Hilux emblems i want to put on instead.

2. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

you can use a razor blade, but you have to use it very very very carefully, the end has to be basically flat on the clear coat, after that clay bar and wax.

for the badges, use a hiar dryer and some fishing string. be careful tho, when i debadged my audi they use a glue that ate through my clear coat and paint, i ended up just respraying the trunk lid.

3. Virtualmikey

As far as the dent popper residue, got any other ideas? There's still a slight dent there, so no way I can get a Razor nice and flat on it.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Try something like Goo Gone.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

plastic razor blade

6. Virtualmikey

Wat