denim crew drop knowledge on me

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by The Ripper, Jul 9, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I guess im a noob when it comes to denim but fill me in why is there so much hate for true religion and other brands like that on here.

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

well true religions specifically are atrociously designed. the back pocket flaps are horrible, and even the ones without the flaps have garish and gaudy stitching on both the back pocket design and the inseams.

i dont think people have as much of a problem with Sevens, Citizents, R&R, etc. the main qualm of this subforum is that for the price you pay (retail) you can get a much better quality denim. the price doesnt justify the quality and make of what you're getting.

lastly, the subforum is biased towards raw denim which you can read about in the first post of the denim crew thread

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah I read the whole post on raw denim that they had on here. I have a couple of pairs of TR's and I bassically got them because they were comfortable and I liked the fit. Is there hate for diesel too lol and whats the big deal with raw denim.

4. jaunt

jaunt OT Supporter

5. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

I'm not a raw denim elitist, but personally I can't justify paying for True Religions. Even at an outlet where the prices are significantly lower than retail, I can't justify it. If I'm going to buy "non-raw" jeans, I'll go with Lucky. Again, from an outlet or on sale. Half (or a third) of the price of True Religions, and I love the way they fit.

6. ihaveanevilplan

aside from the general better quality, make, and fit, they appeal to my DIY side. i like that they fade specifically to your body and lifestyle. each one is like a project...and i like how they look each step of the way from raw to faded. the wash/fade job on a lot of those designer jeans are horribly done..you cant beat the raw denim fade

7. Suazo

Suazo New Member

you have to try some raw denims to understand....the quality is so much better and the fit too...if you get the right size..

8. ihaveanevilplan

right size and right fit ;)

9. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

true religions are ugly, straight up, i've always thought so even before i tried on raw denim

diesel the rest aren't that bad, though now the whole r&r, diesel, sevens are what all the club/bar goer's wear :mamoru:, along with faggish button ups and eyebrow piercings

10. rugger86

rugger86 New Member

I like TR, but it is sort of a status symbol. The logo is pretty cool.

I'm quite partial to LTB. Great washes and cuts