Denali, should i get it or not.....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by GisMo, Jun 8, 2002.

1. GisMo

GisMo Guest

I found a '99 Denali Black on white leather with black tint. I know the owner and the car is very clean.....i have about 18 grand to spend..what should i get...what else is out there in that range?...

2. shorty420

shorty420 Guest

A Denali for 18 grand is :cool:

I could sell my 97 Z-71 for about 16 grand. The Denali's are very sharp looking trucks imo.

3. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

Denalis are pimp, if you can get one for that price I'd go for it :cool:

4. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Do you plan on towing or carrying a lot of stuff with it? I am guessing no. Stick to a car.

5. Nemesis_152

Nemesis_152 I'm a delicate desert flower from Arizona.

SHADDUP!

if he can afford to buy, insure, and fuel it, he should buy it because he likes it. do f-body owners use their backseats often? i am guessing no, they should buy a fiero. do you NEED 405 hp in a vette? no, but you want it, so you buy it. do you drive your jeep on the street? then you should sell it and buy a civic!

6. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Yes I do drive one of my Jeeps on the street, however it has also been off-roading twice in the past week. Will this Denali see that kind of use? Miss Cleo says no.

7. Nemesis_152

Nemesis_152 I'm a delicate desert flower from Arizona.

who cares? if he can and desires to buy it, i say go for it. it will get as much maximization as any other vehicle will.

8. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Fine, but then when you head to the main forum and see everyone jump on the hate-SUV bandwagon, he will be one of the reasons why they hate them. Yet another person with an SUV who has zero use for it.

9. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Personally I don't care if anyone else hates SUVs, if I want one and can afford it I will buy it. He should too, who knows, he'll probably find many uses for it.

Many AWD wagons use just as much gas as SUVs these days, and the Volvo and Audis are both heavyweights (4,000lbs +).

My family never off-roads our Jeep or our Chevrolet truck, but we do occasionally tow and it does blizzard here during the winter.

If you get the Denali, be sure to put a 4" lift and 33s" on that bad boy as well. :big grin:

10. Coma Black

Coma Black Guest

I guess in your area you don't see lots of Toyota Tundra owners with waxed exteriors driving around on paved roads.

11. Pospodo

Pospodo came for the pron but stayed for teh lulz

god that is one HAWT truck

12. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Most of the people around here with pickups seem to use them. If they wanted something big that they didnt plan on using they would get a SUV instead.

13. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

main OT fourm can lick my nuts that is all

buy the truck

14. 02CivicsiR

02CivicsiR New Member

That sounds like a really sweet truck. I am in love with Denali's... ANyway, people only hate SUV's cause they can't afford them themselves. Dont be a pussy and buy an economic civic. They have no character whatsoever. Obviously you're not going to offroad a 99 Denali. Who would beat the shit out of a vehicle that nice. If you're going to offroad something, its going to be something with a lot less cosmetic energy put into it.

15. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

pics of Denali? (too lazy to search ebay or google)

16. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i dont think hes buying it for the gas milage or its preformance in bad weather

17. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

your right you jsut dont get it

18. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i think its mostly for the image and some peoepl liek to stick with domestic brands i knwo i for one do i will probay never onw a foireng car its jsut my own taste i like the feel of a truck more than i do a car i see casrs more for raceing and trucks more for every day use i will never own a fwd car if i can help it either to its kinda like driving a moped when you could have had teh sport bike they are under powered you cant pwoer slide and are samll and feel like they will fall apart im sure you will point out the nice interiors and the fact they last for 300,000 miles but id rahter ahve a motor thath i can work on in my garage get parts for at my local auto store. as far as the intreior goes i ahve full leather in my blazer every option but ill take the no option vynal interior of a classic over it any day

19. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

im not saying that there are not good import cars i wouldnt mind a bmw but it still cant compare too 400 hp and 500ft/lbs of torque of a gas guzzling big block even if you cant talk while the car is running case its so loud inside

ill admit the build quality is better on the euro cars and some of the jap cars but there jsut is not the room inside like an older domstic go sit in an older cutlass or monte carlo then sit in a newer car you will notice how much more room the older cars has yes its heavy and bunrs tons of gas but ill take one over most imports any day

i guess im also anti new car

Buy what you like let me buy what i want no one is right

20. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i also agree with you 100% new cars build quality sucks look at teh cars from teh 50s and 60s see how much effort was put into the desighn of the car the look of the interior todays cars are bland and faceless they all look realityvly the same

21. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

have you ever ridden in a car wiht over 400 hp its good for much more than the drag strip most domestics that road race have over 500 some wiht 600+ hp and they are verry well ballenced

i could care less if my car even has a sunvisor let alone a third one

as far as interior size goes it might fell spacious but it still looks tiny compared to an older domsetic

and yes the bmw might be faster handel better have a nicer interior and get better gas milage but ill take a 69 camaro over it any day

22. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

um ive driven a 400 hp car through a set fo 45 mh curves at over 80 and i didnt spin out alls that it take is an expernced driver or soem one who is not a complete moron now with slicks in the rain it might have been a differnt story

wow a civic beat a vette in an auto cross tahts almost a race take it to a real track and see whos behind then

the horizontal winshield is there to be areodynaminc its why in almost stock fourm teh cars are raock stable at 300 on teh salt flats

23. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

of coures it will ahve to slow down as will any other car but the 400 hp car is going to pull harder coming out of the turn

and no matter how much you argue autocross is still driving around cones in a parking lot it shows dick about the car and yes i ahve auto crossed before i found it to a be a joke yes it does take a decnt driver but there is nowhere near the skill it takes on a real race with other cars around a track not cones

24. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i would close it but its actualy decnt conversation insead of half the peoeple who come in here and say trucks suck get a car you at least back it up with points

it should also be noted that all rwd cars do not suffer poor handling the vette you used is no slouch an dit can be amde even better and take your porshe and give it 500 hp and look its even faster out of the turn

i wont even start on hp vs torque but you get the idea

i still stand by my point that autocross is not racing and the truth is its not and im not jsut saying that i went to a few and SCCA members must ahve sticks so far up there asses nobday wants to help anybody wiht there car and they all bitched casue our car wasnt scca legal we got invied to do a demostartaion but since every one bithc we signed the car up wiht two drivers both of us were in the top 5 its was more a fun run than a sanction even and every one waws still pissy casue they lost ot us get over it

sorry jsut ranting

25. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i used to do teh drags too now im focused on quad racing and a curently accuired a kart think they will let me auto cross that id clean uup with it

im also concidering autocrossing my quad at an outlaw event jstu to piss off they whiny people

we can see waht 50hp and 250lbs can do