Dell Tech Support Home Agents????

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JasonKnight, Nov 18, 2007.

1. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

I have a Dell Tech Support Agent schedualed to come to my house to replace the gay Foxconn motheboard in my Dimension/Ispiron C521...

Dell was kind helping me figure out what was broken but what should I expect from a agent. are they actual Dell employees or are they contracted local jackasses???

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

they're contracted out. It's going to vary widely depending on who the contracted agent is in your area.

I was going to become one because dells always break, so it'd be like free money, right? Well, no -- the pay is shitty.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

What was the pay like out of curiousity?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

not far off from $10/hr. And they pay off of a estimated-time-table (which isn't too uncommon in the service industry).

But it's one thing to say 45mins (0.75 units) for an OS install when done at my shop -- it's a completely different thing to say 0.75 units for an OS install at a customer's location.

EVERYTHING takes longer when done at the customer's location! Plus they didn't compensate jack squat for travel time or expense.

And you had to agree to take all these bullshit Dell courses. A+, Linux+, 5+ years of professional experience, etc, were not enough -- they want you to become a "dell" tech. Fuck that.