Dell Repair Depot?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Emerica., Feb 10, 2009.

1. Emerica.

Emerica. A holocaust is comming for all the pure in the wor

Has anyone had an experiences with sending their PC or laptop to Dell? My warranty is almost expired and my laptop has some issues so I called tech support and they told me it would be best for me to just send it out. I'm reading some real negative posts on other forums :sadwavey:

2. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

Why wouldn't you send it? It's under warranty.

3. Emerica.

People have said they got their laptop back in worse condition, altered mobo's, broken completeley. Some say it took them about 3 weeks to get back. I'm just curious to know if anyone has any input on it.

4. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

BACK YOUR DATA UP!!!!! do not rely on anyone who says that your data is secure while in their hands.

if it were me, i'd back my shit up and send them the laptop to be fixed. if they fuck it up, i'd be all up on them to fix it and keep on them until a) they fixed it entirely or b) they replaced the laptop with something new.

5. Emerica.

Yes yes, I have done this I have nothing to loose on the harddrive. Accually, I sent them a blank harddrive.

6. newbee

newbee OT Supporter

Yeah those fuckers screwed me badly. :squint: My laptop was one of the computers with the infamous "vertical line" issue. I sent it in, waited 2 weeks, got my laptop back with a new screen. Should have been fine I suppose. Bout two months later, more lines. I send it back in, wait again, get another new screen. Then, as soon as I'm out of my warranty, those motherfucking lines come back. I called, hoping they would help me fix an issue they never resolved, and they basically told me I was SOL because I was out of warranty.

7. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

even then i would've been such a pain in the ass to them. it was a known issue that was ongoing with your laptop.

8. newbee

newbee OT Supporter

Man I googled it, and there were fucking TONS of people complaining of the same vertical lines.

9. Emerica.

I've never heard of this issue, mine was a sound problem, requiring the replacement of my mobo :ugh: and the built in speakers no longer worked as well as the CPU fan was dead causing overheating issuses.

10. benk016

benk016 O&A Crew

I had an inspiron 5150 several years ago. It had 2 problems that eventually led to a lawsuit on dell. one was it would overheat, and the solder points for the power adapters would separate and arch and short out and cause it to never charge again. The second was also because of the heat, and it would cause the GPU to go mess up. This resulted in blue colored lines in the display. It is not the monitor, but the graphics card itself. The card would also short out if you pushed at all on the bottom.

These problems were fixed through a class action lawsuit that gave an extra year warranty. i got a completely new laptop. if you have the same model, or quite a few of the 15xx models, they were all affected, you could call dell and say you were never contacted about your new warranty and want it replaced.

11. Emerica.

Sounds very similair to the issue with the red ring on xbox 360's.

12. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

We had a similar issue with a 5100 at work... some of the solder points broke loose causing the machine to shut off or not even turn on. I had one of the guys at work re-solder it and it has been fine for about a year.

If the machine has a warranty, send it in....