Dell Motherboard Wiring Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TexasStateGuy, Apr 19, 2004.

1. TexasStateGuy

TexasStateGuy New Member

I am attempting to move the guts of my Dell Dimension 4300 to a new case. Of course I see now that Dell uses one plug going from the motherboard to the front USB and audio jacks and from there to the power switch and LED lights. The wires from the case are all labeled but I don't know which pins to plug them into on the Dell motherboard, and I've searched all around from some wiring diagrams or legend. Any idea where I can look to find a map of which wires plug into which pins?

2. MattIROC

MattIROC has a semi nice av. changed due to rules :(

propiertary stuff SUCKS.

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Don't forget that the power supply connector is proprietary so you'll need to move that over too.

4. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

5. TexasStateGuy

TexasStateGuy New Member

This website has a picture on it that shows the control panel pins, so you know what I'm looking at. http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4300/replace.htm#1114089. There must be a map or a legend somewhere that shows which pins go to which wires. What I'm most interested in is the power switch +/-, reset switch +/-, HDD light +/- and power light +/-. The control panel also has a USB connection, I'd like to wire that up also.