Dell Inspiron 700m problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SiempreFresco, Jan 17, 2006.

1. SiempreFresco

SiempreFresco New Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 700m with a Intel 2200bg wireless internal card. Just recently it has all of a sudden stopped working completely. It never detects wireless networks at all. Dell support was no help at all so I turn to OT. I know that other people have faced problems with the 2200bg wireless cards. Any help would be appreciated.

2. frinky23

frinky23 Bangle Sackrider

Good luck.

My wife's 700m had the screen crack two weeks ago when she closed it too hard... :rolleyes:

The thing stopped recognizing whether or not the screen was closed a few months after she bought it, and the power adapter broke 3 months ago.

3. SiempreFresco

SiempreFresco New Member

4. Metal

Metal Active Member

did you get the dell replacement plan?

happened to my friends 700m, he got a new one sent to him from dell for nothing because he had the service contract or whatever they call it... i have a 700m as well but no problems with the wireless card yet :knock on wood;

5. SiempreFresco

SiempreFresco New Member

No I didnt get the plan. Is there a way to buy the wireless sepereately and replace it myself?

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

How old is the machine? There is still a warranty even if you didn't purchase the extended one.

Have you tried to un-install/re-install the drivers? Delete and re-setup a wireless network?

Can other machines connect wirelessly to the network?

I'm saying it couldn't be a bad card, but there's a ton of other stuff to try.

7. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

What is Fn+F2 supposed to do?

8. SiempreFresco

SiempreFresco New Member

Ive tried everything I can think of Ive uninstalled all my network drivers and reset the bios and reinstalled them, Ive tried the fn+f2, I've uninstalled and updated the drivers numerous times. I bought this laptop in september so the limited warranty just ended in december. I going to have to find a way to replace the 2200bg internal card I guess.

9. zaink

zaink OT Supporter

maybe u can find out if u can replace it at www.notebookreview.com in the forums section..... i suggest reinstalling windows as a last resort then if that doesnt work im sure you can replace it somehow