Dell Dj questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by farrelly, Dec 1, 2004.

1. farrelly

farrelly New Member

hey everyone since my napster mp3 player's software got messed up i took the 15gb dell dj from my mom who never used it. I loaded all my songs on it using the dj explorer and music match. i have a couple questions about it. First i was wondering why most of the albums on there are played in alphabetical order instead of teh order the appear in my music folders and on the album itself. is there any way to fix that without having to go and change all the filenames on my computer. When the same albums were on my napster player they played in the right order.

second when you search my artist name and select an artist it says view tracks etc... is there anyway of playing albums on the player by searching for artists. Sometimes i want to hear an album but forget what the album title is but then don't want to hear all the tracks by that artist when i search by artist.

anyone else have these problems with the dj? how did you get aorund it? i really like the player a lot but am considering buying something else if i can't fix these problems.

Anyone have any experience with the new sony mp3 players? Are they any good? and what programs do you use with them to add songs and what not?

thank you
    devin

2. Cyndia

Cyndia New Member

i am having so much trouble getting songs onto my DJ... jukebox is REALLY messed up, slows down my computer, and the "portable device" button doesnt even work.

i tried getting around it by downloading "dudebox" but im not really happy with that either.

A lot of songs i have are .m4a format, and they wont go onto the dell dj. so ofcourse i had to d/l a program to configure it into an mp3.... then however it is a very long process selecting all the songs i just encoded and only adding those to the dell dj

last thing ive tried recently is opening the dell dj explorer and just selecting files from my music folder and dragging and dropping it into the explorer... it then says "copying" and stays like that for a few hours, without doing anything.

ugh, the programs they gave with this thing SUCK, but i LOOOOVE the player though.

hopefully we can get some more responses in this thread... i'd like to actually figure out how to get this thing to work

3. DrivingGeek

DrivingGeek New Member

It is completely dependant on correct ID3 tags. That is how it will sort by album, genre, title, etc.