dell dj or ipod?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by patboone7, Mar 6, 2005.

1. patboone7

patboone7 I will BUST YOU!

i am really into getting a mp3 player now. i was looking into ipod then i saw the dell dj today in a flyer, way cheaper.

what i want from my mp3...
    * want to take it on the go, i.e. work out!
    * want to hook it into my car radio so i dont need a cd player, my work car has radio only no cd or tape player.
    * i want to hold at least 500 mp3's i know the 5 gig will hold hella lot more, but these are my min. requirements.

2. patboone7

ok since i had such a huge response and views, i think im the only one viewing, i went ahead and got the dell DJ 30 gen 2. will this thing be able to import the music i currently have on my hard drive?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  3. Impossibles

Impossibles OT loves cats, hates blacks, loves queers

ipod mini. Its dirt cheap right now.

Also look for the Rio Carbon.

4. this

this Guest

Any mp3 player can import the mp3s you have. You will need an fm modulator to play it through your car radio.

5. Felix wrx

Felix wrx Active Member

the gb/$ ratio of the mini is terrible. Good choice on the DJ. My friend just picked up the 20gb G2 and its way smaller than my G1.

6. wesdood

wesdood New Member

i think zens are the best

7. wesdood

wesdood New Member

a 60 gb zen is only $300

8. wesdood

wesdood New Member

i need 200 first
    for my xbox obession for hte screen and wireless tihng so i can play outside so i can multitask

9. CKY4800

CKY4800 New Member

come on this is simple math. If all you need is storage for ~ 500 songs (im guessing that is 2.5 gigs), then you only need the FIVE GIGABYTE dell DJ for 199, or the FOUR GIGABYTE Ipod. Sure the Ipod might be .05 inches smaller, but thats a very small sacrafice for a whole gigabyte (about 200 songs), and both players fit perfect in your pocket. Hell I dont even notice my DJ is in my pocket and its bigger than the Ipod.

10. patboone7

well even though my entire mp3 collection is 10 gig, i still wanted the ability to expand so the 30 gig fit my style, plus with rebates and discounts it was the best deal. plus the free cradle, im still waiting for delivery but i got my neoprene case already and the arm strap for running. the case im guessing is the size of my dj so it;s no bigger than some cellphones! i feel i made the right choice, also it came with the fm modulator so im all set, spent a few days researching the dj after i made my posts! thanks ot for the help!