Dell 2405 LCd..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by abyssinianson, Jul 12, 2006.

1. abyssinianson

abyssinianson New Member

anyone currently use this Dell LCD? I am getting a pair of these to go along with my new PC rig. My question is:

-does it have any instances of ïmage persistence? this is similar to CRT image burn-in like in older CRT monitors, somewhat, but does not seem to adversely affect the LCD. it can be remedied by turning the LCD monitor off to "rest" for some time.

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

I've used mine for 14+ hours straight and never seen any ghosting.

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Wait. You're going to run a PAIR of them? How freaking big is your desk?

4. TheRider

TheRider Geeky OT Supporter

I run a pair of 2405's next to each other on my primary home machine. If you like I can post a pic of it. Works great, make sure you have dual dvi output, I've noticed when using a dvi and a vga port the vga port has some sync issues in general it seems.

5. codename

codename New Member

I have fallen asleep, and my TV tuner software will "skip" and freeze on one frame from a show. Each time this has not left any type of burn-in on my screen (this has happened a few times).

I always heard that LCD's are less prone or immune to image rentention since the liquid is usually always in a moving state.

6. happyrobots

happyrobots Ü

Sure, post a pic. Not b/c I don't believe you, but I like seeing other desktops, esp w/ duals as I've got duals myself.

7. TheRider

[​IMG]

8. Doc Brown

Massive cool, mon.

9. abyssinianson

abyssinianson New Member

yeah. I will be running a pair of them, mainly for use in music sequencing. I was thinking of going with dual 30" monitors but I saw a setup like it (Dual Apple Cinema 30's) and thought it was way too much overkill. I actually had to pan my head to look at both ends of my mixing environment. Two 24" monitors are more than enough for my needs.

Bs, thanks for the pics. How is the setup working for you? Any complaints other than the sync issues with the VGA/ DVI port combo? Indeed, I do plan on using double DVI outs to make the best use of the monitors - either through a 7800 GT or a 7800 GTX, I haven't decided yet.

10. Doc Brown

Two of the 24's look awesome in that pic. What sort of setup are you running on yours? Video card, software, etc.

11. TheRider

It's actually changed a bit since that pic, there is a soundbar attatched to one of them. I was running a X700 but was unhappy with the picture quality on the VGA port. I switched to a 7800GT with Dual DVI and have been very happy. I am using UltraMon also, which really makes a difference too. Box is a 3.6 MBTX setup, nothing too fancy.

12. Doc Brown

How about the sound recording software?
    The reason I ask, is that my my new build is a fairly state of the art dual Opteron with 2gb and an eVga 7900gt. I have Adobe Audition, and I was wondering if I would be able to do the split monitor setup like that.
    I could see where that would be pretty handy, but I have no experience in dual monitors at all.

13. abyssinianson

abyssinianson New Member

I've been a longtime Cool Edit Pro user (Adobe Audition) but I am mainly a Steinberg Wavelab user. I am not aware of Audition being capable of splitting its editing window into two. You could extend Audition's window to span the 2 monitors. In my case, I will be using the 24" monitors to work with Cubase SX 3 and Nuendo 2. I usually keep my sequencer window on the left and have the mixer on the right, along with all the VST instrument panels. Recently. Propellerhead's Reason just adapted its software for dual monitors. For Reason, I keep my synths and virtual instruments on the left and the sequencer on the right.

14. Doc Brown

"I am not aware of Audition being capable of splitting its editing window into two"

It figures...:wtc:

15. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

whats the cheapest place wher eyou can get them
    i am thinking of just getting the 2007 or 2005?

16. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

uhh the 2407 just came out...