Deleting the EISA partition?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ranger-AO, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I have a laptop HD that I took out of a laptop that I just upgraded to a larger HD. I'm going to use as a portable external drive. It has a 5 gig partition that Windows labels as EISA Configuration that probably holds the system recovery files for the VAIO that I took it out of. I have it installed in an external housing and connected to my computer with a USB cable. I can delete and reformat the second 69 gig partition, but Windows won't let me do anything with the EISA partition.

I could probably do this with something like Partition Magic, but I don't have that and I don't want to spend any money on this. Is there a free utility out there that I can use to delete this partition so I can format the entire drive as a single logical partition? I'd prefer not to use a boot CD, but if that's my only option I will do so. A utility that can run within Windows would be ideal. :x:

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

linux livecd or basically any installer cd is my recommendation.

you wanted a windows utility but you don't want PM :ugh:

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I don't want to pay for it. And I don't like using commercial (non-shareware) software without paying for it.

4. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

I know you said no boot CDs but look at the Bart PE CD, they have some free partition tools that work pretty well. Hell you can probably DL them individually.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

then use a linux live cd