delaying your period with ortho evra

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by taintedutopia, Nov 27, 2006.

1. taintedutopia

taintedutopia New Member

has anyone ever did this? i heard you can. If so how do you do it? Do you just put your patch on instead of just taking it off? I'm going away with my bf for the weekend in a few weeks and don't want to have my period then. It'd be great if i could delay it.

2. :smile:

:smile: New Member

delaying your period or what's that thing where you only get it 4 times a year...that can't be healthy for your body. your period is your bodies way of cleaning itself. usually if you excersice or eat certain things your period can be lighter but i wouldn't delay or stop it. IMO

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You need to consult with your doctor before you do this.

:smile: There is absolutely no reason for a woman to have 12 periods a year if she is not planning on getting pregnant (medically or otherwise).

4. taintedutopia

taintedutopia New Member

i've read that it can be done and its healthy on the pill atleast i haven't found that much information supporting this on the patch, but i'm going to my doctor tonight so i'll be sure to ask her about it.

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

There are different types of birth control (monophasil, biphasil, triphasil if I remember correctly). Not all of them can be used to skip periods, and I don't know which one Ortho Evra is. I'm glad you're going to ask your doctor about it :)

6. :smile:

:smile: New Member

true but it has been proven to cause problems later on

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I have not heard of this. I'd love to see some links or more information you might have :)