Definitely Maybe

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SS109, Feb 16, 2008.

1. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Saw it last night, pretty inventive storyline for a rom-com, and I was wrong about which girl the wife would be.

Rachel Weisz looked awesome.

2. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

You were wrong about which girl the wife would be because the movie smokescreens you

====SPOILERS====

Who the wife is doesn't matter, who he ends up with the end is what matters, and it was obvious from the second April told him about the Jane Eyre books. That character detail is just too good for her not to be the centerpiece of the story, not to mention Emily had shit for personality. When he finds her dads copy of Jane Eyre, there is absolutely no fucking way that the conclusion of the movie doesn't have to do with the dude and April.

It was pretty good, although honestly it was too long, and some of the subsidiary characters needed better development. I also think Emily's story was sloppily handled, and tacked on to the script, and making Emily the mother was a shitty move, almost a 'twist' ending.

3. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

They did have some foreshadowing because Ryan & Fisher hosted a show about the movie.
    My biggest problem in the movie was Ryan, he was too similar to his other roles, Kline, Wiesz, & Fisher were all much more fun to watch.

4. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

I saw this last night.

I usually hate romantic comedies/dramas but I thought this was very well done compared to most of that genre.

Although you could probably predict the ending it wasnt nearly as predictable as most movies in this genre. Most romantic comedies you know the ending within 15 minutes of the movie starting.

I thought everyone did a good acting job.

Ryan Reynolds usually plays a smart ass guy with one liners galore. This role was a little bit different for him. But, he is pretty much a one dimensional actor that will always play a similiar character.

5. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Actually, for a minute I thought we werent going to find out what happened with the book. For probably the first time ever in this type of movie I found myself rooting for a certain ending and its the ending that took place.