Default Re: A day with: justin30513

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Jan 25, 2007.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Well, I thought I'd let you all in on what I do on a normal workday. Some might find this boring and some might like it.

Well this is me and my day!

6:00AM
    Alarm goes off. I wake my wife and then I go get some coffee. I jump in the shower and get ready. I then proceed to get the kids ready for school since she's gone by 7:00. Out the door by 7:30AM.

8:00AM
    Just dropped the kids off. On the way back home, I call 4 customers to confirm their appointments today. I also tell them that I will be about an hour behind due the cold weather. It's 25* on the bank's thermometer!. One cancels. She's a real estate agent and had a meeting pop up. It's ok. I do it weekly anyways.

9:00AM
    Back at home, the laundry goes in and I sit down at the computer. I pop open a Red Bull and start typing. Who knows what this stuff will do to me long-term! LOL! I quickly PM Meghan and tell her her and her 60*+ weather sucks. Makes me feel a little better!

Here's today's schedule.....
    10:00AM
    2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Wash/Vacuum/Wax

12:00PM
    Lunch with brother at local Mexican resturant.

1:00PM
    2005 Jeep Liberty
    Wash/Vacuum/Wax

3:00PM
    2005 Ford F-250
    Wash/Vacuum/Wax

Here's the pictures of the day:
    2003 Grand Cherokee
    Nothing major here. Dirty outside and a light interior cleaning. Popped a coat of Max Wax on it since it's been 5 weeks. I maintain this bi-weekly but she's a real estate agent. Looks like this in about 5 days!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All done....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2005 Jeep Liberty
    Next it was off to another real estate agent. This one too is maintained on a bi-weekly basis. Needed a cost of Max Wax too. I love this color. I will be doing a full detail on it in 2 weeks. Her dog's nails has prompted that!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Interior was not bad. No kids help that out!
    [​IMG]

Finished up.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

2005 Ford F-250 Super Crew
    This was a referral. He is heading out for a week of hunting and wanted it cleaned up and waxed. He will be doing a full detain in 2 weeks. This thing was dirty!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Light was going away. Sorry for no interior shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see here that I'm gonna have my work cut out for me with these swirls! It also let's you see how decieving pictures can be. Using a flash shows it all!
    [​IMG]

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

No quickie before work? ;)

Your day looked pretty action packed. Nice when you have relatively easy wash 'n wax's with no polishing. I had a 2002 996 Carrera this afternoon that, while being low mileage (21000), it was originally a New York car and had been washed using a brush, judging by the scratches down the sides. You know it was a long polishing session when the car was pretty clean when I got there and it still took me 4.5 hours!

4. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

not to offend any detailers out there but i cant believe people will pay $100 to wash their car. and bi weekly? wow, amazing. around here in northern california, people dont really care about swirls.. a lot dont even notice them until you point them out and explain what it is and still they go.. eh. the only business i get besides dealership (pos paradise) is pieces of shits: swirled, scratches everywhere, touchup work to be done.. and all they care about is the scratches and touchup.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Wash and wax on those he posted.

I charge $30-50 for wash/vacs.

6. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

:mamoru: Yeah, WTF is up with that Justin?? :rofl:

You're right, that Jeep cleans up nice!! The paint looks great. I'm sure the truck will be disaster when returned to you for the detail. I can hear it now... "Can you get the blood and mud outta the carpet. too?" :bigthumb:

I enjoyed the write up!

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

nice. 3 cars, $350, and done around 5 pm.

edit: not bad for ~5.5 hrs of work......

8. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Thanks bros. It's just an untapped market here. 75% of my customers don't realize the swirls either. Most think the car needs a repaint to get rid of them!
    When they see it done, that's when the bi-weekly comes into play!

Yep no quickie on this day.....kids got up!!!

I think that is how they got here to begin with.........

LOL!

9. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

There is small minority of people (1/250 maybe?) who will pay for the convenience of a biweekly $100 wash/vac/wax onsite. For all my efforts, I have had a very hard time meeting them. :p

The bulk of my work is full details of TRASHED vehicles: vomit, dog hair, hardened tree sap, road paint, cola in headliners, coffee stains between seats, mildew odor, mold, kool aid in upholstery, candle wax in cup holders, etc.

I was giving the farm away at $160 cars and $180 trucks/suvs onsite. I raised prices $80 across the board...they still call.

10. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:eek3:...thats the kind of thing i'm concerned about. lots of people around here used to bitch about $150 "Master" Detail at the carwash i ran. I'm wondering will they really pay $200+ just for me to come out and do this at their place......i guess only time will tell. :noes:

11. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

A Neon owner will not but a Jag owner will. It's all about targetting the right market. Lawyers and Real Estate agents have been my businesses of attack. I've now started going into high end neighborhoods and simply knocking on doors and introducing myself and business. Amazingly, this has been so effective!