Default Admin password on HP Pavilion 7935?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cmsurfer, Nov 3, 2004.

1. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

As in my other post, I'm working on a machine that's having lssas problems. I'm trying to get into the XP recovery console, but I don't know the admin password.

I'm under the impression that it was setup at the factory, so does anyone know where I can find out what it is? I may have to try and call HP, but that's my last resort since the machine isn't even mine.

Thanks,

2. mkevaldz

mkevaldz New Member

you said on a machine, am I to assume that it's not your machine? it may not even have an admin password, when you come up to the recovery console, select the installation, and it asks for the password, just push enter, if there is no password, it will go to the c prompt.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

No, it is not my machine. I did just hit enter when prompted for the admin password in the recovery console and it did not take it.

The guy who owns the machine e-mailed tech support and they replied saying the admin password IS blank, but it would not take it.

Oh well, at this point, a reformat would be easier then trying to figure out the password.

Thanks,

4. mkevaldz

mkevaldz New Member

there are programs out there that obliterate xp passwords...I don't know of any, maybe check google, good luck