Dedicated CounterStrike Server Drops Players

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by millero, Oct 15, 2004.

1. millero

millero Aluminum Member

My dedicated CS server drops players basically as soon as they connect. However, this is only for the internet players. The LAN players can connect and play with no problem. The only thing it says is that they were dropped.

It used to run fine until Steam was introduced and then the problems started. We gave up on it and until recently didn't care about playing the game. Then, I wanted to bring the server back up. I've played on servers that were as slow as P2 400mhz with 64megs of ram, so it should run alright on an AMD 900mhz with 384megs.

The server is behind a Linksys router on a pretty fast cable connection. It is the DMZ host and all ports are forwarded to the server through the router.

Does anyone else know of anything that could help?
    Thanks for any help...

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

hmmm, almost sounds like it's a problem with the server itself. Maybe a re-install might help. Could be a shit load of things though, or a combination of all. Are you getting any extra unnecessary traffic on your DMZ? Is this a windows or linux box?

3. millero

millero Aluminum Member

windows xp... been reformatted, reinstalled server software. and to make it even more weird, it its working now. it wasnt kicking people last night. but yesterday afternoon it was.