Decisions Decisions..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Rubberducky, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Rubberducky

Rubberducky New Member

Im debating if i should just get a new agp x8 video card, i currently have a 6800, or if i should start to save up and get away from agp all together by getting a new mobo cpu and pci card. i have a soc 478 mobo so if i switch to pci i can't keep my old cpu. Which leads me to another fork in the road should i bail on intel? and go Amd? Whats your thoughts on amd because i have never gone amd or know somoene that has. I play many system demanding games so i figure i should go amd.

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

WTF?? Bail on INtel?? Haven't you heard?? They are going to release quad core processors by the end of the year and they have pleged to have 80 core processors on the market in 5 years. Intel is currently kicking the ever living SHIT outta AMD.

3. Rubberducky

Rubberducky New Member

Of course i heard but i dont have 2000$ to spend on just a cpu. I decided to stick with intel and wait till a good processor comes out with a decent price range

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

$2000? What are you smoking? Conroes start at $200 on Newegg.

5. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

If the rest of your gear is good enough for an upgrade, and by that I mean psu, case, hard drives, dvd drive, then you would be better off doing a basic upgrade with one of the Conroes that mdaniel mentioned.

Board, cpu, 1gb of memory, 7600gs, all for probably 500 or less / shipped.