GUN decisions decisions dilemna

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vermincelli, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

After talking to my friend, I have been thinking of buying a new Ruger 10/22 so we can go plinking. (She hates my little shorty Nagant)

Here in lies the problem. I have this nasty habit of modifying my firearms, and lord knows that the 10/22 is probably one of the easiest to find parts for and modify. Should I just give into my habit and get one? or get a different model?

I can say that I fought bravely the urge to buy the one I found at Big 5 for 170 bucks tonight, but it took every ounce of control to walk out the door empty handed.

2. Henry47

Henry47 New Member

i say go for it. i just bought one for $160. It reminds me of an old bb gun rifle I used to have. I'm not going to mod it though, not YET. I just bought a scope and a bipod, probably going to leave it after that.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

GO for it... buy it and mod it :big grin: You know you want to

4. Version 2.1

Version 2.1 Member

You might as well go ahead and buy the 10/22. Old habits die hard, just imagine the internal strife and stress you will put yourself through if you fail to purchase the weapon. Do it, don't do it, I need this weapon, I don't need it, blah blah blah. You could end up on medication.

Save yourself the hassle, everybody should have an extra 10/22 handy. Your friend will love you for it...

5. Y2kAccord

I know the feeling I wanted a mark II and it got the point I sold my 9mm to get one :bigthumb:

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

found myself browsing through the parts sites online bookmarking goodies. I must admit my inner deamon. After xmas I am getting 2. one for me, and one for her :)

7. Y2kAccord

:bigthumb: same here

grip and scope/sight for my new .22 Mark II

8. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

The problem is after you trick out yours you'll want another "beater" gun to loan out. I know my gf has problems shooting for long periods of time since I have a solid heavy barrel. Gonna scour some pawn shops for a beat up one, since I have the factory stock off mine in the closet.

9. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

well, if I buy her 1 and myself one, then I have a reason to mod hers once mine is done. I will just tell her I'm "upgrading" hers for her own benefit. :)