A&P decided on a d90...should i wait?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by 3x, Nov 18, 2008.

1. 3x

3x New Member

so with the holiday season coming up and all the sales going on, should i wait on buying the d90?

originally i was going to opt for the d300, but the video feature of the d90 seems more practical to me...for my needs anyway.

also, anybody know of any deals that are coming up? or...if for some reason...the d300 will drastically drop in cost? :x:

2. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I doubt there will be any drastic price drop.

3. themolsen

themolsen New Member

yea, you won't see much of a price drop in coming months. just go for it and have fun with it!

4. ericande

ericande Active Member

You can get it for <$900 already, you won't see much of a drop past that for awhile.

5. Essence

Essence New Member

I just bought mine this morning for 888 with a free 8gig card and free shipping. I am normally the guy who waits and waits and waits. With the kit lens its still 1299 at best buy iirc and I doubt it will drop much more than a hundred dollars for any kind of sale. Plus I wanted more of a lens than the 18-105 it come with.

6. 3x

3x New Member

less than 900, are you guys talking about the one on amazon or just in general?

essence, where did you pick yours up from?

7. Essence

Essence New Member

Buydig.com
    Best price I could find from a reputable company that didn't try to sell me a japanese body.

Mine apparently hasn't been shipped out yet, but I will report back when it arrives.

8. 3x

3x New Member

good stuff. let me know when it comes in. i'm looking to pick one up next week.

anybody have any details on the 50 dollar d80/d90 grips on ebay?

9. Essence

Essence New Member

okay well i had a little stutter with running my debit card as a debit card on the site. make sure you don't click the {}this is a bank card option.

I called buydig this morning, some middle eastern woman answers the phone (automatically i couldn't understand the first thing she said and had to ask her to repeat it twice) after she says oorooroderrrrrnumbbbbberrrrrrrr for the third time i pick up on wtf she's trying to say. basically get the jist that i need to call my bank. call my bank and they said its not been flagged by them but that running as a debit that high of a purchase that most of the time i would have to run it as credit for it to work.

alright, well i call buydig again, i of course get the same woman that i was talking to on the phone earlier. well i tell her my "order number" or wtf ever she calls it and she says "i'm sorry i cannot hear you at all" and then hangs up on me. granted that i was on my cell phone and on speakerphone i don't believe this is how you handle a customer by hanging up on them. i called back and was pissed off. this time however they turn me over to some guy that spoke english that i could understand and he told me the same thing, i told him to run it as credit and not as debit. he tells me "okay no problem, i will correct it on here and get it through, have a great day."

10. Essence

Essence New Member

i ordered the lens on a different car and apparently theres no problem with it.

i may end up with a lens and no camera. lol

11. ericande

ericande Active Member

Mine should be here tomorrow....

12. ericande

ericande Active Member

D90 is here!

No problems at all with centraldigital.com

13. 3x

3x New Member

ericande - is that a genuine usa body? i don't want to end up with anything gray market.

essence - sucks about your situation, do you think if i were to run the card as credit, then the transaction should be problem-free?

i wish i could buy from bh but their price is still 999 body only :wtc: