Death in her family....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LowkeyG, May 2, 2007.

1. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

A great girl I have been dating just had an unexpected death in her family. I am not sure exactly what my commitment should be.... She will be returning here tomorrow earlier on, what should I do for her and her family??

2. :smile:

:smile: New Member

i'd get a condolence card for her & her family. how long have you been dating & how serious are you?

3. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

depending on how she feels, she may want you to be around to comfort her, or she may just want to be totally alone.

I would tell her that you're there for her if she needs to talk and just leave it at that. Don't pressure her into talking about something she may not want or need to talk about.

I would just spend the time that I normally would with her. If she's really upset, quality time with you would be a good thing.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

The thing about unexpected deaths (especially if she was close with the person and/or pretty upset about it) there's almost nothing you can say to help. Yes, it really sucks, but there is something you can do. Getting a card for the family is a really good idea. It's standard and it also makes you look good to the family. For her, the best thing to do is say you are sorry, and unless you are experienced with dealing with death, just tell her you are there for her if she wants to talk about it.

To be honest, usually guys can gain easy points from a girl if you help her through an emotional time. You're the "consolation guy."

Last edited: May 2, 2007