MMA Dean Lister explains why he left PRIDE...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Mauro The Announcer Is Why I Left PrideFc
    [​IMG]

Mauro I used to like him but he ended up being one of the main reasons I left Pride. i couldn't stay at a place with a commentator who knew absolutely nothing about the ground game and and always bitched "action", "the pride mandate here is action" every frickin 10 seconds. The reason he had a reason to be scared is because he really has gotten under the skin of many fighters.

To be honest I never wanted to fight Arona because he was my friend before that. I even asked the promoters why they wanted this match (1 he was my friend, 2 it jepordized my ADCC superfight and 40K, and 3 I knew it wasn't gonna be the fists flying type of match they thought it would be) and they told me I needed to do it. All good but then I have Mauro saying my match was boring and all when he has -20 percent knowledge about grappling.

He just seemed to constantly bad mouth me. I've had a lot of commentators comment on me in MMA and also ADCC and he is by far the most negatived opinionated and worst of all, I have no idea how he even got the job. the saving grace for pride has always been Bas. The thing about Mauro I don't like is that when he doesn't do his job (because he knows %$#&) then he tries and repeat some lame ass phrase over and over again and I feel actually has influenced many people to think the match was terrible when in fact it was very entertaining to those who can apprciate the positioning and sub attempts of a submission grappler. But then I guess I shouldn't blame him, the average guy who couldn't do their job very well will try and get the attention focused somewhere else, not on them when they don't know jack *$#%. If it wasn't for his commentary I feel some people of course wouldn't have liked my match against Arona but not nearly the amount of people that it turned out after being subliminaly fed all that bull#@$! commentary.

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Wow. Link to where that's from? When did he say all that?

I'm glad he fought in UFC. UFC is generally the events I get on PPV with all my buddies, and it's great to see quality grapplers succeed on the shows.

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

i'm glad he's fighting in the UFC, but I also know he's not getting paid anywhere near what Pride paid him.

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I'm sure he's making crazy money on TUF. I think the reason that he left if that's true is retarded. There's always going to be a guy who doesn't know his shit. It's true of two man broadcasters in all sports. One's the genius, the other's the moran. It makes for entertaining commentary. Mauro talks for a living. It's better for him to say something stupid than to not say anything at all or else he's out of a job. :dunno:

5. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Dean posted this on the Underground the other day:

DeanLister [​IMG]
    Date: 06/07/06 07:59 PM
    97 Total Posts Ignore User if (readCookie('MMATV_USERID') == 178045) { document.writeln('Edit '); }

Hi this is Dean Lister.

Hi this is Dean Lister. Last night I made a comment about Mauro commenting about me on my fight vs. Arona about a year ago. It is true I was upset at somethings he said but truth be told at that time when I fought Arona I was going through my own hard times that only a few people can relate to (only a few of my very closest friends know really) and didn't show my true fighting spirit (this really affected me). I PROVED THIS TO BE TRUE by evidence of my last showing and will continue to show this for the rest of my life until I no longer pyhysically exist. I feel that Mauro has greatly improved as an announcer and does care in a great way for the fighters involved in Pride FC.

I feel I may have been a little harsh on him from his comments about my fighting style during my match against Arona. I was insulted by the fact he said I seemed to be so "inactive" during my fight when I secretely had a concussion and found it hard to find my balance or even stand. Truth is I don't have a lot of experience as a commentator and it is true I feel that if I didn't have a lot of fight experience it would be difficult to see if a fighter is having a hard time ie-head concusion and diziness vs. being lazy or inactive.

I apologize for the heat I may have brought upon Mauro, another valuable asset to the world of MMA and the world viewer and new fan.

For the hardcore fan who knows me, you will know I am relatively known as a soft spoken or even shy guy who rarely lets my "true to the soul" opinion be known. I do consider Mauro to trully care about the fighters and their futures and someone who also trully cares about our great sport. I know he is a true professional and has always supported our sport and is an asset to all the viewers who don't want to hear a boring commentator. I hope everyone understands my view and continues to support all quality events and all true and deserving fighters worldwide.

thanks for reading and supporting and most of all thanks for the support of all who have trully believed in me and for what I stand for as well as my fighting ability.

Sincerely,

Dean Lister

6. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

The second comment was obviously after a threat by PrideFC or Mauro for libel.

7. JordanClarkson

or the fans got to him

8. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

:riaa:

apparently Crocop doesn't like Mauro's commentating either

9. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

This guy beats people up for a living and he's leaving way better pay because the fight commentator isn't perfect.

10. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i have to admit though, mauro's commentating is kinda annoying after awhile. just finished downloading bushido 11 and watched it yesterday, and all his puns get old really quickly, and all of his MMA knowledge comes from Bas' past commentating. he uses them wrong a lot too, like when he said that fighters use the "answering the phone" technique to block punches from the bottom :hsugh:

11. JordanClarkson

:rofl: