SRS dealing with people...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by the_chizzle, Mar 4, 2007.

1. the_chizzle

the_chizzle New Member

i'm having a sort of existential debate with myself :) i guess i should give the backstory first. i had a good friend who cheated on his gf (whom i also know very well) with another female friend of mine. i found out about all this, and ended up confronting him about it to see if he would tell her (this was quite a few months later, and no one showed any signs of telling her). i know some of you will say i should mind my own business, but i felt that if i was her, i'd want to know, and i gave him the space to tell her. when it was obvious to me that he wasn't going to tell her, i talked to him about it, he lied to me and told me nothing happened. the worst part of this story is that after he cheated with this other friend of mine, he talked to her and they both agreed that they had some sort of natural attraction and that it would be ok with them if it happened again :ugh:. anyways, he told his gf the day after i talked to him, i think mostly out of fear that i was going to tell her myself.
    so now the thing is, i dont talk to him anymore, but he called me last night, wanting to talk. i havent called back yet, because im wondering what i should do here. personally, i dont have any problem with people not always sharing the same morals as me, as long as they are honest about themselves. this friend of mine created this whole 'im a devout catholic' persona, and it was a large part of the reason that i thought i jived with him. he judged everyone, when it was he himself who was the worst of the bunch. i should also note that he did this on the same night i found out my ex cheated on me, and i TOLD him about it. so granted, he's a shitty person in my books. on the other hand, i believe in forgiveness... so i guess im asking, whats everyone experience with friends like this? should i bother thinking he's 'changed'?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Even Jesus warned about sheep in wolves clothes. So no don't be involved with him, someone who disregards other people's feelings so easily is not the kind of person you want to be with. So how to deal with this?

You need to be like a castle gate, close yourself to bad people/things/events, and only open yourself up to good people/things/events, if you let the enemy inside your castle they will only bring your castle to ruins.

As far as forgiveness concerns, you aren't the one who needs to forgive him, that's his 'gf's' problem, however she shouldn't forgive him, she should dump his sorry ass in the full knowledge that she deserves something better. You deserve someone better too in terms of friendship, bottomline: YOU DONT WANT TO BE WITH A LIAR!.

Give forgiviness to those who honestly repent their actions.

3. wufei

wufei New Member

i agree with dark eternal. no one will ever share the same morals as you but to associate yourself with people who will do that to their SO's, close friends, and lie about it while maintaining a facade... well... that would just bring you down slowly as well

4. the_chizzle

the_chizzle New Member

thanks for the advice guys, you're right. i guess sometimes its hard to realize that some people aren't worth your time. i have a small bit of faith that people can change for the better, but i think he got off really with his gf, and that sort of thing is just going to let him think he can do it again.