LGBT Dealing with it....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by FalkorYo, Jan 28, 2004.

1. FalkorYo

FalkorYo Guest

ok here is a synario

A young 19 year old man is confronted with his own homosexual feelings. He has had sexual encounters befor with members of the opposite sex befor but some how know's that isnt for him. He has desire's for members of his own but is bombarded by thoughts and feelings that tell him he is wrong. This is the story of what goe's through this young man's mind.

For as far back as this 19 year old can remember he has had a sexual desire for men. He never has had anyone he could talk to about his feelings or desire's, only what he has been taught to believe.Long ago he learned how to ignore/block his homosexual urges but now that he is 19 he know's that he is not a kid anymore, and part of growing up is confronting your self. He has a set of religious morlas inprinted on to him from a early age and as well as a overwhelming fear of peers and there reaction has never allowed him self to act on his urges. And now that he is ready to confront him self he has found he has bit off more then he can chew.

He has been taught that homosexuality is not allowed in the eye's of his GOD. On the other hand at the same time has been taught that his GOD is infallible. GOD made him with the parts to mate with the oppisite sex inorder to reproduse. But at the same time gave him a mind that wants to do the oppiste of that. If he was not made to be with memebers of the same sex why would his GOD give him the mind to want to do so? He then remembers that GOD aslo granted him with "Free will". But in taking that and fallowing his homosexual urges does that mean he has failed at life? (a bullet is ment to be fired. When the primer is hit it ignights the powder to project the bullet from it's shell, because that is what it was designed for.) Or does that mean that his GOD is no longer "his GOD". That it was all made up to support a believe that someone had of what was right and what was wrong in that persons mind?

What would you tell this confused young man to help him deal with his feelings?

2. philrey

philrey Guest

I would tell this confused young man that part of coming to grips of your sexuality is ignoring others opinion of it. He is not alone in the world in liking the same sex and he should probably get involved in support groups and or clubs in his community that can help him with his feelings. As far as worrying about what God thinks there are "gay" churches out there to help him understand that because he likes members of the same sex no way implies he gets an automatic ticket to hell. I happen to own a CD that tells how being gay does not mean you are a sinner and uses actual scripture to back it up. I new I was gay practically since birth but could not live it until I got out on my own and even now can't tell some people. The main thing to consider with sexuallity is it is no ones business but that persons and whoever that person wants to make known about it. There are a lot of support groups today for young adults and even teen agers who think they might be gay to help them understand what it is like and that they no longer have to feel ashamed, sinful, dirty, or any other negativeness about their orientation.

3. Sonic

Sonic Live every day to the fullest, for yesterday is go

No where does it say that homosexuality goes against God in the Bible, that's an addon that some Christian decided on, and people have bandwagoned on top of that.

Free will is a wonderful thing as long as it doesn't impinge on someone else's free will. Exploring your sexuality with another person that is legally able to make that decision is yours and yours alone.

4. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I've been where this hypothetical young 19-year old is.

It's not fun, I'll tell you that.

If this hypothetical young 19-year old would like to contact me directly, I can help him out.

5. Sam Gamgee

Check out this Christian Gay Man's website

http://www.jeramyt.org/

Scroll down to the link titled "Homosexuality and Christianity"

Happy Reading.

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Wasn't Falkor the big scary dog in The Neverending Story?

Hm. I was told the whole "Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve" thing in religion class and I asked her if she stones her children when they don't do what she tells them because the bible says that too. She nor the priest liked that much. Looking back on it I probably should have kept my mouth shut.

I guess what I'm saying is that this person can't use the bible as the solitary source of faith. Much of what the Christian church is how the bible is interpreted. It's important to remember that God didn't write the bible, so sometimes things in it aren't perfect. Humans aren't perfect, humans wrote the bible, the bible isn't perfect. This doesn't mean throw it up in the air and walk away from it, but there are most certainly ways around the issue. :) I'm here to help this hypothetical 19 year old as well.

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Exactly. The people who are interpreting that the bible condemns homosexuality are the same people who hated it anyway. If you try hard enough, you can claim that the bible supports or condemns just about anything. There are lots of resources for Christianity and Homosexuality on the internet, and there are many people who can help this person out here.

8. dragenscorp

dragenscorp Guest

This is what pisses me off about religion and bible-thumpers. A person can't live their life and just be happy because of OTHER people's opinions and beliefs being pounded into his mind. I just don't get it. Nobody steps up to their soapbox to preach about anything else supposedly "condemned" in the bible, except homosexuality. I say, whatever; the bible contains scriptures that were interpreted by MAN, so who's to say what they say is what God intended?

I struggled with similar feelings when I was growing up. I knew how society felt about homosexuality and knew all the verses in the bible where it's supposedly mentioned, but I just didn't care. After a lot of soul-searching, I just decided to be what I am and what GOD made me. I know in my heart I was born this way and it was not a conscious decision to be gay. My life isn't hurting anyone and I'm living it how I want to and however makes me happy.

I'd tell the 19 year old that life is very short and it's whatever you make of it. If he wants to live his life how other people THINK it should be lived, he's not going to be very happy. But if he lives how he wants to live, doing whatever makes him happy without hurting himself or anyone else, then thats all that matters in God's eyes.

9. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I'll also offer him this bit of encouragement. When I stopped caring about the negative things that people say about homosexuals, decided that what they said didn't matter to me, and came out, it was the best thing I've ever done in my life. I have never been happier or more secure in myself than when I did that. It is a great feeling.

10. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

well, I think that 19-years old young man should ignore what others say and do what he feels like doing to please his life, you only live once, you shouldn't be wasting years b/c others think it's wrong...

also, tell that young man to take spelling classes :mamoru:

j/k ;)

11. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

You'll come to a point when you just realize that what you believe in is what makes you happy. As long as you are not hurting anyone else and you stay true to yourself, I think this 19 yo will be a lot happier.

I dealt with it for a long time since I was 17yo but in all honesty, a lot of my feelings changed after my first REAL long term relationship. In a year's time, I went from totally being closeted and homophobic to someone who is comfortable saying I'm gay if asked, and talking about it. I suppose having that relationship is what really gave me confidence in myself and what I believed in. And I am still the same Christian as I was before.

Not sure if that really answers your hypothetical situation but thought i should share my two cents.

12. Sam Gamgee

Seriously... :rofl: