SRS dealing with feelings

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrscruffles, Dec 11, 2006.

1. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

so, me and my girlfriend of 2.5 years just broke up, we have been together through my drinking daily, me going to jail twice, and now being sober 3 days away from 11 months.
    i dont know how to deal with feelings AT ALL i've been drowing them all away since i was 13 or 14, im 22 now.
    now i know what people mean by one day at a time, the past 3 days its been more like one hour at a time, or minute who the fuck knows.
    i have come so close to a drink the past three days its not even funny, i've been going to meetings every day, i hate going, and thats why i know that i need to be there, its an hour where i know i am safe.
    im sorry if this is just incoherent babble, but i need to get it out some how, i suck at talking to people in real life, and i hate letting my emotions show so i dont know what the fuck to do, or act, or feel, im a fucking mess right now, now i also get "life on life terms" when life happens its a bitch.

i dont know what im trying to get at or to...
    but if anyone wants to say hi, or talk or somthing and you have MSN its [email protected]

2. Corky

Corky I lent Jesus $20

have you got aim :hsd:

3. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i have added you to my MSN, hit me any time

remember, AA is for drinking, and can help with things like this, but also counseling may help too.

4. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Man, I've been going to AA since I was 21. (29 now) And although I haven't been where your at specifically I have talked to a lot of people who are where you are at. In fact I do it daily at the AA club. Remember one thing. Every person, and I mean EVERY PERSON in that club has come from the same pit of shit that your in now and my advice to you to get to feeling better is to just act yourself. Just be normal and people will open up and give you a bit of encouragement. You peobobly won't be the most liked person in the club or even someone people want to talk to but that's why they call this liFE it's hard and it's a bitch. You'll get through it and one day you'll be able to tell other people how you got through it. Good luck and keep saying to yourself you always have the people at the AA club who know and understand where you come from. You can always just pick someone and unload on them. ;)

5. FlyBoy07

FlyBoy07 New Member

relationships

Man, do I remember that feeling. For months it was the only hour of the day that I felt safe. Your story isn't that unusual, so I know that there are people in your home group who have been there. Sure if you open up to them you are taking a risk, but drinking is a risk too. I just hope you choose wisely. If you choose to stick around, someday I will tell you about the fucked up relationships that I got into sober. :)