SRS Dealing with anxiety (female related)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bitetobreakskinn, Aug 14, 2005.

1. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

So a few years ago, I got heartbroken BAD from a steady girlfriend I had (3 year relationship, from when I was 17-20 or so), and dealt with a lot of depression kind of stuff right after it happened. It took me a while to get used to hanging out with girls again, and while I thought things got better, the "bad" side of what I used to deal with is coming back up again.

I can talk to girls fine, I can flirt with girls fine, there's a few I have a "crush" on at the moment, but the second that anything "serious" comes up with them, whether it be going out somewhere, up to the possibility of dating, I completely freak out on the inside, and become scared of what could happen/where the relationship could get to.

I have no idea how to deal with it, and while I thought I found a way to not let things bother me anymore, they somehow always still do. I'm 22 now, so I've been trying to get past this kind of thing for about 2 years now, and I'm still pretty much lost.

Anyone have a story to share of how they dealt with something similar, or any help alltogether, please let me know :hsd:

(The reason I'm posting this now, is because this girl I met at work liked me, became obsessive towards me, and I told her that she had to just leave me alone anymore. She kept yelling at me about it, and I'm having like another "panic" attack like I used to)

2. NikkiKittie

NikkiKittie New Member

I think, maybe, the relationship caused you to become very self consious because you feel you did something wrong and that it may just keep happening. You need to know that some people just aren't ment to be forever.
    I dated someone for 3 years and it was such a beautiful experiance but eventually I felt all was done that could be at that time and I needed to move on and live more and he needed that too. We were both young, me 15-18, him 19-22, there was and is so much more life out there to live, more experiance to gain, and more knowledge to gather.
    When the person comes along that is ment to travel the journy of life with you, you will know, and so will they. There will be no need for strugle too keep things alive, they will just be.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Give your life a chance. Just don't go into a relationship thinking it will work out just because it concerns you. A relationship is sorta like a race that you can win or lose. You have to steer it in the right direction which is the finish. Of course there is the possibility that you flip over , but that's no reason to throw the towel into the ring.