SRS Dealing with anger

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ally, Apr 17, 2006.

1. ally

ally awh kittah

Hey everyone,

I am not too sure if this is the right place but I am hoping that someone may have some tips.

I posted a while back about my brother and his crack addiction. He is doing well in his recovery and is going to meetings and to a psychiatrist(sp?) on a regular basis. She has expressed that family involvement in my brothers recovery is very important and I agree.

My trouble is that I am still very angry with him for his choices and actions the years that he was an addict. I am trying to start a new relationship with him but I just can't seem to put the past in the past. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this anger or has anyone experienced this with a loved one? What did you do? Does "time heal all wounds?"

I don't know what i want from this thread just to vent a little I suppose and see how others dealt with the anger after addiction. :hs:

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I have personally found that time does not heal wounds. My mother was an alcholic and a drug abuser when I was young (until after I moved out). She's been clean a couple of years (I do believe about 5), but I just can't stop being angry with her for all she has done. I haven't made any attempts to reconcile though and don't plan to.
    My advice to you is to not wait any longers. If neccesary, see a counselor to help you through your anger. I'm sure others here will have better advice.

3. ally

ally awh kittah

Thanks for the reply. We both still live at home and he has also been trying to be nicer/better towards me. I have considered a counselor or someone along those lines im just not sure how comfortable i would be with it!

Anyways thanks again.

4. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member