Deal with it or let her go?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Apr 10, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

i am dating this girl and i just cant stand when she smokes. She only does it when she drinks. Ive told her many times i dont like it but she says she cant help it. Before i met her she used to smoke everyday but she cut back because of me. What do you guys think i should do? She says she will quit eventually but she doesnt know when. I dont know if could deal with this any more. :hs: :hsugh:

2. :smile:

:smile: New Member

IMO the fact that she says she cant help it is BS, nut tell her how you feel & see what her reactionis..if you dont llike what she says then let her go if she treis really hard or just stops then keep her

3. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Is this the same girl who you dumped last month bc she was smokin at the bar??? Find a girl who is a non-smoker, dont try to reform, rarely works the way you want it to.

4. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

i really dont know why i dont like it... maybe because ive never smoked before and i want her to not kill herself smoking.

5. JaxFlJon

JaxFlJon Guest

Get a new g/f that doesnt smoke. You cannot change people. They can only change themselves. If she digs you enough she will stop

6. naughtie

naughtie New Member

Do what my dad did to me when he caught me smoking...
    Put her in a closet and make her smoke a whole carton. Then take her pants off, hang her upside down and spank her with a 2x4 for every cig she smoked.

j/k! my dad did NOT do that to me. I only tried smoking once, and my dad still has no idea. It was funny to read, though, wasn't it? :rofl:

7. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

haha

it was.... i felt bad for you for a second.

8. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

I agree. You can't change her, you knew she was a smoker when you met her. If you didn't like it then why did you get with her?

9. naughtie

naughtie New Member

I agree with the majority here. I, like you, don't smoke. I have only kissed a smoker once, and I almost threw up. (I don't mind people who smoke at all, but kissing them? that's a whole different ball game. And after mints, gum, listerine? doesn't help.)

You are probably not going to change her, and she doesn't sound like she wants to change. Maybe you should start drinking and chewing tobacco and then kiss her. See how she likes it. Oh and to add to the effect, throw on a wife-beater and don't shave for a couple of days. And slap her around a couple of times. And yell at her to go to the store and get you some more beer

j/k :)

10. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

have you ever smoked? Obviously not. It's a addictive habit that can be broken, but it takes alot of will. I used to smoke socially, never chain though...

It's up to you, but if she cut back because of you, I would consider that a good sign. :dunno:

I dated a girl that smoked once...it made my social smoking worse, so i cut it alltogether. Ironically, we broke up shortly thereafter.

Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  11. Takumi

Takumi New Member

My used to smoke everyday before we got together, and even during our first month or two together.

But she knew that my parents wouldn't like her if she smoked, so that idea alone got her to quit pretty much cold turkey.

Also, she doesn't like that I used to smoke up with my buddies and stuff. So I told her, I'll give that up, if she gives the cigs up.

So far its been working great, but she works in a bar and is constantly surrounded by smoking people. So once in a while, she will ask me if she can have a cigarette. I just remind her that if she can have a puff of a cig, I can easily have a puff of a joint, and that pretty much ends the issue on the spot.

12. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Me and my ex had both smoked for a while. We decided we were both going to stop together last week. Going good so far. Its not easy though, if you care about her you will either find a way to help her stop, not worry about it, or find someone who doesnt smoke. Trying to help her stop isnt trying to change her if she actually wans to stop. However, if she enjoys smoking and has no will to stop, then its really not your place to tell her she should.

13. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

if by funny you mean disturbing, then yea, it was real funny.

14. laracroft

laracroft teh croft

A lot of people only smoke when they drink, and for some people that's acceptable, and for others it isn't. If her social smoking really bothers you then either she should quit entirely or you need to find another girl to date.

15. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:barf: it doesn't work. i was seeing a guy for a few months that smoked. he was a fiend. anywho... i used to make him brush his teeth before i'd kiss him. now, i really like to kiss... and the nice fresh taste of the toothpaste would go away all too soon. :wtc: it really did suck. i will NEVER, EVER date a boy that smokes... cigs or anything else for that matter.