deadlift and squat videos

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mojo, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

anyone have any links/clips that can elaborate more on squating/deadlifting? ive seen the 635 and that 9xxlb deadlift clips, but are there any that can be more instructional?

i feel like an idiot doing my squats/dl's wrong:sadwavey:

2. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

biggest hint I can tell you is ... find someone who looks like a real lifter-- athlete, pl, whatever, approach them and have them you walk through it. i've made some workout buddies this way. i've found most folks in the gym are willing to help if you ask nicely.

the reason i didn't say ask the gym staff is because the pt's at my gym (24) are stupid. i've asked them how to do GM's and deadlifts and some of them said-- "well i can't help you much, i never do them." :ugh2: they consider themselves pt's after taking 3 months of online classes. :mamoru:

unless someone has had a lot of experience with lifting and/or fitness-- like being a competetive athlete or lifter, they shouldn't be a pt.

alright, i'll get off my soapbox now.

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

there was a football player there who walked me thru quickly with DL.

what i remembered were:
    keep back straight all times (arch it?)
    dont drop weights while going down, but still hold them for a second then go at it again
    face forward
    feet straight and very little closer than shoulder width apart
    swing head back before lifting (as it helps your balance?)
    get closer to the bar ("get closer to the bar, it wont bite" lol)

4. TenSteel

TenSteel Ted Cruz suicide hotline OT Supporter

:werd: i feel like i do that, but somedays i still question if i'm doing it right

5. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

i dont think you want to arch your back at all, if thats what you're implying. it should also be one fluid motion, ie pull your back up while straightening your legs, not straight legs then pull back up

edit - i fucking hate dl's, so i dunno if i'm the best at giving advice.

6. Mojo

Mojo New Member

yeah, i woke up this morning and my back/shoulders/thighs feel fcuked up big time. i can tell this pain is gonna stop me for 2 days at least.

i think its because im trying to hard to arch my back. the way i kept my back position was like this the entire time when going down and up... " ( " with my body facing <---- of course. would it be more necessary of my back was shaped like " l " instead of more curved? and when i pull the bar up, then i can lean back and arch it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.