dead pixel in my 24" iMac

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lane, Feb 9, 2007.

1. lane

lane Propoflol, Midazololam, Fentanylol, Labetalolololo

:mad: it's only 2 months old

i have the mac service plan - how the heck can i go about getting it fixed without having to send it off? or is that my only option? :hs:

2. poweraid

poweraid OT Supporter

that sucks dude I would bring it into the apple store before sending anything off. that is rediculous.

3. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

One dead pixel they won't fix IIRC.

There is a policy on how many dead pixels in so many inches.

4. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

i thought Apple was more generous with that pixel rule.. i mean is it not enough that you pay out of your ass for a premium product, and pay out of your ass for premium support :ugh:

5. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

my macbook came with a scratch on the inside of the screen..kind of like a smudge. i took it back an hour after i bought it and the idiot at the "genius" bar thought it was on the outside, so he cleaned it. scratching my screen with his ring. and not fixing shit.

some fat manager came out talkng about how they only replace it if there are more than 5 "anomolies" or something and treated me like an idiot explaining that its common for LCD's to come with dead pixels.

right before i went apeshit about how it was the size of 10 pixels, and a bright fucking white mark, and how his faggot employee scratched my screen anyway, he said he'd give me a new one since i was a first time mac buyer, and i came in so quickly.

6. clog

wow, what a bunch of fucking faggots :ugh: I tend to stay away from the geniuses @ the Apple store, they are either cocky pricks or fucking dumb faggots. Apple phone support is the way to go, i got treated like gold last time I dealt with them :cool:

7. Pr0Xima

Pr0Xima SPY ZAPPIN MAH SENTRY!

8. Rip The Jacker

well i knew that going back right away would give me the best chance of having it replaced right away. but i'll keep that in mind next time i have a problem.

i wonder if my MB's case being assembled like shit is something they'll fix :hs:

9. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

10. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I've got a dead/stuck pixel, there are two right next to each other that are white in the upper middle of my macbook pro screen. Took it in and he said they wouldn't fix it, I also called support and they said they wouldn't fix it.

I might give it another shot. There is a widget that is a stuck pixel fixer, try giving that a shot. It flashes red, blue, green and black really fast to try and un-stick the pixel.

11. lane

lane Propoflol, Midazololam, Fentanylol, Labetalolololo

:cool: thanks for the responses - i'm trying the jscreenfix thing right now.

12. clog

I called them and basically let them know how big of a pile of shit my macbook felt like... i mean my old $600 HP laptop felt sturdyer than the MB :ugh: They basically replaced everything on it (whole new case, new keyboard, trackpad, lcd). That doesn't mean that in a couple of months it won't start to fall apart again :ugh2:

13. Rip The Jacker

did your lid wiggle once they fixed it? mine slides around when its closed. and my battery goes in like a millimeter so it doesnt line up with the rest of the bottom. not to mention the sides that flex every time i touch them :down:

14. clog

all that basically happened to me before it got fixed, and now is fine. I mean it's not like I threw this thing around, I treated it with care (as i am sure you did too). It's just the shitty build quality. If they're going to sell a fucking pile of shit, then price it right :mad:

The plastic is solid like a rock right now, but whose to say how long that will last :wtc:

15. Rip The Jacker

well mine basically came like this. i was just excited i got one without a screen defect that i let the build quality slide.