SRS Dead friends... :'(

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shattered Soul, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Shattered Soul

Shattered Soul New Member

I need help and I need to know what do you do when a really close friend? I dated him a while back and now I feel like I should have called him more often or tryed to keep in touch more. :wtc: I feel so lost and alone now. What am I suppost to feel or do ? How do I cope? He was Killed on the weekend by a drunk driver.:wtc: I miss him terribly.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:hug: *big hugs* most important ITS NOT YOUR FAULT, don't go blaming yourself. All the "What ifs" are unneccesary,and lead to that you don't have to blame yourself, its normal for you for asking yourself these questions because the shock is enormous and the impact on your life is tremendous. Take all the time you need to grieve, rejoice the good times and remember him in good spirits. Everyone can have an accident, i've been in several and 1 particular more severe accident. I can tell you if you knew the day before that it would happen, you would never have stepped into your car, or walked there, or crossed there with your bike. But that's the whole thing with accidents , you can't see them coming and its often sheer luck or bad luck wether you survive or not ,and safety measures only go so far. As far as this case goes you had no part in it, and it was absolutely out of your power. And its important to realise that there are things that lie within your power, and disasters like accidents that are beyond your reach. If anything think of it as the following. Imagine you had died, would you like to see your loved ones grieve, and be unhappy for many years to come over your death? Of course not , you would want them to be happy and live their lives to the fullest. So instead of dying for your friend , try living for him. Again take your time to grieve, and to pick up the pieces, remember him for the good things and when your ready move on with your life as he would want to.

3. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

^^^ well put!

I am sorry for your loss Shattered Soul, I've lost several friends to accidents or illness and understand how you feel.

:hug: